RB + RMagick = cd Crash...

De Railed

Hi,

I had to reinstall RMagick on my windows box. I am using cygwin and
installed ImageMagick 6.2.6 from binary and then rmagick 1.10.1
from the gem install.

Then I run irb > require 'RMagick' and boom no errors nothing on the
cmd
line just a big crash...

Anyone seen this before ? Any help would be appreciated...

De Railed

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply.

I ran a gem install rmagick from my cygwin prompt.
All looked cool and it say rmagick was installed successfully. gem list
shows it
and RMagick.so is in the ruby i386 dir. From the same shell I can run
display
and ImageMagick comes up. Similarly identify xxx.gif works.

Any other clues ? Does irb dumps it's crash logs somewhere ?

Thanks you !!

De Railed

Hi Tim,

Sorry I've misread your initial response. I can not run the sample
rmagick
scripts such as identify.rb. The script returns right away with no
errors. Just
like irb. If I run > ruby -x identify.rb, I get the following message..

ruby: no Ruby script found in input (LoadError)

I thought you meant if I could run ImageMagick's identify...

De Railed

Hi Tim,

Yes I am stuck.I have tried to reinstall either GraphicMagick or
ImageMagick
and still ending up with the same results. I have struggled with this
before
but somehow found the magic incantation. But now I can't see what I am
missing
The fact that ruby is crashing leads me to believe that a lib is
either not
there or is wrong for cygwin. The question then is which one ?

I'll keep on grinding and hopefully will figure some solution. I'll
sure would
ate going back to my windows install...

Kaspar Schiess

Hi,
I ran a gem install rmagick from my cygwin prompt.

Did it run all the example files in /doc/ex ? As Tim says, if it does that
well, you are far along already.

You might also try building a static version of RMagick.so once, just to
see if you are in dll hell.

best greetings,
kaspar