    Is there a way to format this data so that it will be recognized as a number
    in excel and still have the commas in the number for readability?

    , Sep 17, 2008

  2. Guest Guest

    Repost for Microsoft to respond to...

    Guest, Sep 18, 2008

  3. Hi

    Sorry for the late reply. To solve this problem we can set
    =Fields!MyField.Value as the Value and set ="###,###,###,##0" as the
    Format. You can find the "Format" under the "Appearance" of the properties
    window.

    Please have a try and feel free to let met know if you need further
    assistance.

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    .

    http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=assistance&ln=en-us.

    --------------------

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Sep 23, 2008
  4. Hi,

    Can my suggestion work?

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Community Support
    --------------------

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Sep 26, 2008
  5. seemadas

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    RDLC Export to excel number stored as Text

    Hi All,

    I have an RDLC file report with Price column to display numeric data. Database datatype is numeric(7,3). The value set as =IIF(IsNothing(Sum(Fields!Price.Value)),"-",Sum(Fields!Price.Value)). When I export the report to excel file the price column values are stored as text. I want it to be stored as number format.
    In reportViewer I have tried applying format even then it is not working. Please let me know is there any way to format this data so that it will be recognized as a number
    in excel?

    Regards
    Seema

    seemadas, Apr 16, 2012