RDoc 2.4.3 - :call-seq: ignored?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Thomas Thomassen, Jan 27, 2010.

  1. I'm having some issues getting RDoc to work.

    I installed it via the console:

    C:\Users\Thomas>gem install rdoc
    Successfully installed rdoc-2.4.3
    1 gem installed
    Installing ri documentation for rdoc-2.4.3...
    Updating ri class cache with 2246 classes...
    Installing RDoc documentation for rdoc-2.4.3...

    C:\Users\Thomas>

    I'm looking at the manual at http://rdoc.rubyforge.org/RDoc.html
    And I can't get my formatting to do all it says it's suppose to do.

    Example:

    # [labelled list title]
    # Hello World.
    #
    # [lorem ipsum]
    # This is a test.
    #
    # Added: 1.1.0
    #
    # :call-seq:
    # Dimension.new(array, width, height, obj = nil)
    # Dimension.new(width, height, obj = nil)

    def initialize(*args)
    # ...
    end

    The issue here are:
    1. Paragraphs doesn't get spacing between them
    2. Labelled lists are ignored
    3. :call-seq: isn't recognized. just prints ":call-seq:

    When it builds I get no errors. Sample set of docs I've got it to
    produce: http://workshop.thomthom.net/su-unicode/
    (note that this link isn't directly related to the question. Just
    showing that it builds.)

    Thomas Thomassen, Jan 27, 2010