RDoc =begin and =end?

trans. (T. Onoma)

I'm currently trying to Rdoc a large project. After a great deal of typing
documentation for each .rb (well over a hundred!), I have discovered that
Rdoc is not documenting anyting inbetween =being and =end. Is there a reason
for this? Is there a way to tell it to do so?

Also, for some reason --and at this point I have no idea why, RDoc is not
adding any methods. All I get is a top description (if not using =begin =end)
and then a list of method names (which end in a trailing comma), e.g.

Class
Binding

Methods
[], []=, caller, class, defined?, eval, filename, lineno, self,

And nothing else. Any ideas?

Thanks,
T.

James Edward Gray II

I'm currently trying to Rdoc a large project. After a great deal of
typing
documentation for each .rb (well over a hundred!), I have discovered
that
Rdoc is not documenting anyting inbetween =being and =end. Is there a
reason
for this? Is there a way to tell it to do so?

Sure is.

=begin rdoc
=end

Hope that helps.

James

Dave Thomas

I'm currently trying to Rdoc a large project. After a great deal of
typing
documentation for each .rb (well over a hundred!), I have discovered
that
Rdoc is not documenting anyting inbetween =being and =end. Is there a
reason
for this? Is there a way to tell it to do so?

=begin rdoc

=end

That way it can coexist with other uses of =begin/=end

Also, for some reason --and at this point I have no idea why, RDoc is
not
adding any methods. All I get is a top description (if not using
=begin =end)
and then a list of method names (which end in a trailing comma), e.g.

Are you using a recent RDoc?

Cheers

Dave

trans. (T. Onoma)

On Tuesday 07 December 2004 01:15 pm, Dave Thomas wrote:
| Are you using a recent RDoc?

Whoa, almost lost this thread...

I'm using what comes with Debian testing.

RDoc V1.0.1 - 20041108

That's probably out of date, huh?

T.

Dave Thomas

That's probably out of date, huh?

No - that's a current vintage. If you still see the problem, why not
ship me a file that exhibits the problem (of post a one or two method
snippet here) and I'll have a look.

Cheers

Dave