    Thanks.

    =2D-=20
    I=C3=B1aki Baz Castillo

    Iñaki Baz Castillo, Mar 9, 2009

  2. Iñaki Baz Castillo

    Eric Hodel Guest

    On Mar 9, 2009, at 16:26, I=F1aki Baz Castillo wrote:

    > Hi, when I run "rdoc" Darkfish creates an HTML in which my class =20
    > methods
    > appear in alphabetic order.
    > Is it possible RDoc not to order the methods by name?

    It isn't possible

    > I would really prefer it to respect the order in which they are =20
    > written into the class.

    You can group methods by section, but currently Darkfish ignores =20
    sections. A future release will correct this.=

    Eric Hodel, Mar 10, 2009

  3. El Martes, 10 de Marzo de 2009, Eric Hodel escribi=F3:
    > On Mar 9, 2009, at 16:26, I=F1aki Baz Castillo wrote:
    > > Hi, when I run "rdoc" Darkfish creates an HTML in which my class
    > > methods
    > > appear in alphabetic order.
    > > Is it possible RDoc not to order the methods by name?

    > It isn't possible
    >
    > > I would really prefer it to respect the order in which they are
    > > written into the class.

    > You can group methods by section, but currently Darkfish ignores
    > sections. A future release will correct this.

    Thanks for clarify it.

    =2D-=20
    I=F1aki Baz Castillo

    Iñaki Baz Castillo, Mar 12, 2009
  4. Eric Hodel wrote:
    > On Mar 9, 2009, at 16:26, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
    >> Is it possible RDoc not to order the methods by name?

    > It isn't possible
    > You can group methods by section, but currently Darkfish ignores
    > sections. A future release will correct this.

    As a kinda- feature request, I re-open the same class in
    various different subsystems, where the subsystems provide
    aspects of the system that can be either required or omitted.
    Perhaps a better solution would be to do that with an include,
    but anyhow... I'd like to be able to separate the features of
    class X that belong to each aspect... is that what sections
    are for? If not, I think it'd be nice if that was somehow
    possible.

    With this, I'd like to see the classname and description,
    then a set of aspect/section names, each with a summary
    listing of the method names - each method name to jump into
    a (possibly global-sorted?) list of method descriptions.

    Thoughts? Would anyone else use a feature like this?

    A similar feature would allow, for example, to have Array
    documentation include links to the Enumerable methods it
    includes. Helpful for someone wanting to learn what an Array
    can do.

    Clifford Heath.

    Clifford Heath, Mar 12, 2009
  5. El Viernes, 13 de Marzo de 2009, Clifford Heath escribi=F3:
    > A similar feature would allow, for example, to have Array
    > documentation include links to the Enumerable methods it
    > includes. Helpful for someone wanting to learn what an Array
    > can do.

    Yes, very useful. For example I'm building a SipUri class which is child of=
    =20
    GenericUri. Lots of methods are just defined for GenericUri and not overrid=
    en=20
    in SipUri.
    Unfortunatelly RDoc (Darkfish) doesn't show non-overriden GenericUri method=
    s=20
    in SipUri documentation. It would be really useful.

    =2D-=20
    I=F1aki Baz Castillo

    Iñaki Baz Castillo, Mar 12, 2009
  6. Iñaki Baz Castillo

    Eric Hodel Guest

    On Mar 12, 2009, at 16:12, Clifford Heath wrote:
    > Eric Hodel wrote:
    >> On Mar 9, 2009, at 16:26, I=F1aki Baz Castillo wrote:
    >>> Is it possible RDoc not to order the methods by name?

    >> It isn't possible
    >> You can group methods by section, but currently Darkfish ignores =20
    >> sections. A future release will correct this.

    > As a kinda- feature request, I re-open the same class in
    > various different subsystems, where the subsystems provide
    > aspects of the system that can be either required or omitted.
    > Perhaps a better solution would be to do that with an include,
    > but anyhow... I'd like to be able to separate the features of
    > class X that belong to each aspect... is that what sections
    > are for? If not, I think it'd be nice if that was somehow
    > possible.

    You could use sections for this, yes

    > A similar feature would allow, for example, to have Array
    > documentation include links to the Enumerable methods it
    > includes. Helpful for someone wanting to learn what an Array
    > can do.

    Darkfish has links to included modules via the sidebar.=

    Eric Hodel, Mar 16, 2009