RDoc (Darkfish) not ordering method by name

Iñaki Baz Castillo

Hi, when I run "rdoc" Darkfish creates an HTML in which my class methods=20
appear in alphabetic order.
Is it possible RDoc not to order the methods by name? I would really prefer=
it=20
to respect the order in which they are written into the class.

Thanks.

=2D-=20
I=C3=B1aki Baz Castillo

Eric Hodel

Hi, when I run "rdoc" Darkfish creates an HTML in which my class =20
methods
appear in alphabetic order.
Is it possible RDoc not to order the methods by name?

It isn't possible
I would really prefer it to respect the order in which they are =20
written into the class.

You can group methods by section, but currently Darkfish ignores =20
sections. A future release will correct this.=

Iñaki Baz Castillo

El Martes, 10 de Marzo de 2009, Eric Hodel escribi=F3:
It isn't possible

You can group methods by section, but currently Darkfish ignores
sections. A future release will correct this.

Thanks for clarify it.

=2D-=20
I=F1aki Baz Castillo

Clifford Heath

Eric said:
It isn't possible
You can group methods by section, but currently Darkfish ignores
sections. A future release will correct this.

As a kinda- feature request, I re-open the same class in
various different subsystems, where the subsystems provide
aspects of the system that can be either required or omitted.
Perhaps a better solution would be to do that with an include,
but anyhow... I'd like to be able to separate the features of
class X that belong to each aspect... is that what sections
are for? If not, I think it'd be nice if that was somehow
possible.

With this, I'd like to see the classname and description,
then a set of aspect/section names, each with a summary
listing of the method names - each method name to jump into
a (possibly global-sorted?) list of method descriptions.

Thoughts? Would anyone else use a feature like this?

A similar feature would allow, for example, to have Array
documentation include links to the Enumerable methods it
includes. Helpful for someone wanting to learn what an Array
can do.

Clifford Heath.

Iñaki Baz Castillo

El Viernes, 13 de Marzo de 2009, Clifford Heath escribi=F3:
A similar feature would allow, for example, to have Array
documentation include links to the Enumerable methods it
includes. Helpful for someone wanting to learn what an Array
can do.

Yes, very useful. For example I'm building a SipUri class which is child of=
=20
GenericUri. Lots of methods are just defined for GenericUri and not overrid=
en=20
in SipUri.
Unfortunatelly RDoc (Darkfish) doesn't show non-overriden GenericUri method=
s=20
in SipUri documentation. It would be really useful.

=2D-=20
I=F1aki Baz Castillo

Eric Hodel

As a kinda- feature request, I re-open the same class in
various different subsystems, where the subsystems provide
aspects of the system that can be either required or omitted.
Perhaps a better solution would be to do that with an include,
but anyhow... I'd like to be able to separate the features of
class X that belong to each aspect... is that what sections
are for? If not, I think it'd be nice if that was somehow
possible.

You could use sections for this, yes
A similar feature would allow, for example, to have Array
documentation include links to the Enumerable methods it
includes. Helpful for someone wanting to learn what an Array
can do.

Darkfish has links to included modules via the sidebar.=