RDOC for Ruby standard libs

asivitz

I think I have RDOC installed fine (Gentoo Linux), as the command "ri
String" works fine. However, I can't read doumentation on any of the
standard libraries. For instance, "ri Socket" returns an error.
Are the stdlib docs installed by default?

James Britt

I think I have RDOC installed fine (Gentoo Linux), as the command "ri
String" works fine. However, I can't read doumentation on any of the
standard libraries. For instance, "ri Socket" returns an error.
Are the stdlib docs installed by default?

No.

You can run ri over the standard lib files, but it might break the rest
of the ri data files.

You can view the rdoc files at:

http://ruby-doc.org/stdlib/

That page also has a link for downloading the files.

James

http://www.30secondrule.com - Building Better Tools