rdoc gem with hoe troubles

Paolo Negri

Hi

I'm working on a new gem which is pretty much ready to be released.

I'm using hoe to manage it but I can't get the rdoc task to include my
README.txt as a doc index and the generated rdocs are not providing
the [show source] link after every method.
README.txt is included in the Manifest.txt

Could someone help me getting this working?

My relevant Rakefile lines

==rakefile start

AUTHOR = "blank" # can also be an array of Authors
EMAIL = "your contact email for bug fixes and info"
DESCRIPTION = "handles money objects using just integer as backend"
GEM_NAME = "more_money" # what ppl will type to install your gem
RUBYFORGE_PROJECT = "moremoney" # The unix name for your project
HOMEPATH = "http://#{RUBYFORGE_PROJECT}.rubyforge.org"
RELEASE_TYPES = %w( gem ) # can use: gem, tar, zip

NAME = "more_money"
REV = nil # UNCOMMENT IF REQUIRED:
File.read(".svn/entries")[/committed-rev="(d+)"/, 1] rescue nil
VERS = ENV['VERSION'] || (MoreMoney::VERSION::STRING + (REV ? ".#{REV}" : ""))
CLEAN.include ['**/.*.sw?', '*.gem', '.config']

hoe = Hoe.new(GEM_NAME, VERS) do |p|
p.author = AUTHOR
p.description = DESCRIPTION
p.email = EMAIL
p.summary = DESCRIPTION
p.url = HOMEPATH
p.rubyforge_name = RUBYFORGE_PROJECT if RUBYFORGE_PROJECT
p.test_globs = ["test/**/*_test.rb"]
p.clean_globs = CLEAN #An array of file patterns to delete on clean.
end

==rakefile end

Thanks

Paolo

Eric Hodel

Hi

I'm working on a new gem which is pretty much ready to be released.

I'm using hoe to manage it but I can't get the rdoc task to include my
README.txt as a doc index

show the output of rake docs and rake check_manifest.
and the generated rdocs are not providing the [show source] link
after every method.

Hoe uses the default RDoc template. Click the method name to see the
source.
README.txt is included in the Manifest.txt

Could someone help me getting this working?

PS: Quit making the Rakefile so complicated. This should be all you
need:

hoe = Hoe.new 'more_money', MoreMoney::VERSION::STRING do |p|
p.summary = "handles money objects using just integer as backend"
p.url = "http://moremoney.rubyforge.org"
p.rubyforge_name = "moremoney"
p.test_globs = ["test/**/*_test.rb"]
p.clean_globs = ['**/.*.sw?', '*.gem', '.config']
end

Paolo Negri

Hi Eric

Thanks for your reply, with it I managed to fix all my issues.
I still have to understand why now the gem_server on my machine still
shows the rdocs without readme file (even after a version number
update and a complete cleanup), but the gem now generates all the docs
as I expected.

Anyway my gem is finished and online and I'm quite happy with it.

P.S. I'll try to make my Rakefile more clean :)

Thanks again