[rdoc] horizontal lines not working

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Joel VanderWerf, Mar 11, 2006.

  1. RDoc's horizontal line feature seems to have broken recently (maybe
    since 1.8.4?.

    $ cat README
    = Title

    Should get a horizontal line after this paragraph.

    ----

    This text is not shown!

    $ rdoc README

    README:
    Generating HTML...

    Files: 1
    Classes: 0
    Modules: 0
    Methods: 0
    Elapsed: 0.124s
    $ grep shown doc/**/*.html
    $
    $ ruby -v
    ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [i686-linux]
    $ rdoc -v
    RDoc V1.0.1 - 20041108

    The html output is missing the horiz line and everything after it.

    Can anyone confirm this?

    The rdoc I'm using is the one that came with ruby.

    Joel VanderWerf, Mar 11, 2006

  2. I case anyone is interested, I sent a patch to ruby-core:

    http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-core/7651

    (The problem only affects horiz lines in plain text files, not in .rb
    files.)

    Joel VanderWerf, Mar 31, 2006