rdoc problems on windows

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Cristi BALAN, Dec 29, 2004.

  1. Cristi BALAN

    Cristi BALAN Guest

    Hi,
    I'm having problems doing anything with rdoc on windows. I discovered
    this while tying to build the documentation for rails.
    It seems rdoc hates having both -T and -t for the same command.

    mkdir xxx
    cd xxx
    echo "1" > 1.rb
    echo "2" > 2.rb
    rdoc -o doc1 --line-numbers --inline-source -t 'foo' -T 'html' 1.rb
    2.rb # only 1.rb gets parsed
    rdoc -o doc2 --line-numbers --inline-source -t 'foo' 1.rb 2.rb #
    again, only 1.rb
    rdoc -o doc3 --line-numbers --inline-source -T 'html' 1.rb 2.rb # ok

    Aditionally, the rails rake rdoc tasks fail with another strange
    message when -t or --title is given.

    The following is copy/pasted from http://rafb.net/paste/results/I25fwy65.html

    ---
    --- start paste
    ---

    W:\www\apache\rails\rails>rake appdoc
    (in W:/www/apache/rails/rails)
    rm -r doc/app
    rdoc -o doc/app --line-numbers --inline-source --title 'Rails
    Application Documentation' -T 'html' doc/README_FOR_APP
    app/controllers/application.rb a
    pp/helpers/application_helper.rb
    rake aborted!
    undefined method `exitstatus' for nil:NilClass

    W:\www\apache\rails\rails>rdoc -o doc/app --line-numbers
    --inline-source --title 'Rails Application Documentation' -T 'html'
    doc/README_FOR_APP app/co
    ntrollers/application.rb app/helpers/application_helper.rb

    option requires an argument -- T

    For help on options, try 'rdoc --help'

    W:\www\apache\rails\rails>rdoc -o doc/app --line-numbers
    --inline-source --title 'Rails Application Documentation'
    doc/README_FOR_APP app/controllers/
    application.rb app/helpers/application_helper.rb

    README_FOR_APP:
    Generating HTML...

    Files: 1
    Classes: 0
    Modules: 0
    Methods: 0
    Elapsed: 0.200s

    W:\www\apache\rails\rails>rdoc -o doc/app --line-numbers
    --inline-source -T 'html' doc/README_FOR_APP
    app/controllers/application.rb app/helpers/appli
    cation_helper.rb

    README_FOR_APP:
    application.rb: c
    application_helper.rb: m
    Generating HTML...

    Files: 3
    Classes: 1
    Modules: 1
    Methods: 0
    Elapsed: 0.271s

    W:\www\apache\rails\rails>

    ---
    --- end paste
    ---

    I tried this with fresh installs of ruby181-13.exe and ruby182-14RC11.exe

    thanks

    frustratedly yours,
    Cristi BALAN
    Cristi BALAN, Dec 29, 2004