    Thanks,
    Rob

    http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools

    Robert McKinnon, Feb 27, 2004

  2. Robert McKinnon

    Dave Thomas Guest

    On Feb 27, 2004, at 8:56, Robert McKinnon wrote:

    > I'm implementing naïve Ruby code completion for the jEdit editor, using
    > ri to find classes and methods. I would like to use the ri Tagged
    > output format, so I have installed the latest ri from sourceforge,
    > v1.8b.
    >
    > What version of RDoc is compatible with an ri version that can create
    > Tagged output?
    >
    > The RDoc v1.0pr1 that is installed with Ruby 1.8.1 doesn't seem to
    > generate output understood by ri v1.8b. (For example, the rdoc output
    > doesn't contain an index file expected by ri v1.8b). I'm running the
    > command:

    The RDoc that comes with the 1.8.1 and 1.,9 branches includes its own
    ri. The one on SourceForge in obsolete, and will be going away once 1.2
    becomes dominate.

    However, that's good news for you, as you should be able to use the
    RiCache stuff to get direct access to the documentation extracted by
    RDoc. Have a look at how the new 'ri' works (lib/rdoc/ri/... -- I think
    you'll find it's pretty convenient for code completion and so on. The
    only one caveat: right now RiCache has a fairly decent start-up time (a
    second or so), so you'll want to create one and keep it lying around.

    Cheers

    Dave

    Dave Thomas, Feb 27, 2004