rdoc/usage replacement in ruby 1.9 for a CLI app?

Juan felipe Alvarez saldarriaga

Hey!

I'm follow a tutorial (http://blog.infinitered.com/entries/show/5) to
create a ruby app just for the command line, I'll like to know where's
the replacement for rdoc/usage in 1.9 ? seems like is removed (I install
ruby 1.9 using the ruby installer preview 2) or some other tool to
display rdoc blocks in the CLI or maybe just another tutorial or how to
:).

Thanks.

Rob Olson

Hey!

I'm follow a tutorial (http://blog.infinitered.com/entries/show/5) to
create a ruby app just for the command line, I'll like to know where's
the replacement for rdoc/usage in 1.9 ? seems like is removed (I install
ruby 1.9 using the ruby installer preview 2) or some other tool to
display rdoc blocks in the CLI or maybe just another tutorial or how to
:).

Thanks.

Hey Juan,

I was similarly puzzled today when I found out that rdoc/usage was
removed from Ruby 1.9. I ripped it out and swapped in Trollop (http://
trollop.rubyforge.org/) instead which worked out great. Trollop
appears to work just fine on Ruby 1.9 as I did not notice any issues.
I opted to copy trollop.rb over into my lib dir to avoid adding
trollop as a external dependency.

If you want to view how I used it, here is a link to the file on
Github http://github.com/robolson/simplesem/blob/master/bin/simplesem

Regards,

Rob Olson
http://thinkingdigitally.com

William Morgan

Reformatted excerpts from Rob Olson's message of 2009-09-27:
Trollop appears to work just fine on Ruby 1.9 as I did not notice any
issues.

Trollop is Officially Guaranteed To Work with Ruby 1.9.

William said:
Reformatted excerpts from Rob Olson's message of 2009-09-27:

Trollop is Officially Guaranteed To Work with Ruby 1.9.

Thanks :), I'll try it.