    display rdoc blocks in the CLI or maybe just another tutorial or how to
    :).

    Thanks.
    Juan felipe Alvarez saldarriaga, Sep 23, 2009

  2. Juan felipe Alvarez saldarriaga

    Rob Olson Guest

    On Sep 23, 9:41 am, Juan felipe Alvarez saldarriaga
    <> wrote:
    > Hey!
    >
    > I'm follow a tutorial (http://blog.infinitered.com/entries/show/5) to
    > create a ruby app just for the command line, I'll like to know where's
    > the replacement for rdoc/usage in 1.9 ? seems like is removed (I install
    > ruby 1.9 using the ruby installer preview 2) or some other tool to
    > display rdoc blocks in the CLI or maybe just another tutorial or how to
    > :).
    >
    > Thanks.

    Hey Juan,

    I was similarly puzzled today when I found out that rdoc/usage was
    removed from Ruby 1.9. I ripped it out and swapped in Trollop (http://
    trollop.rubyforge.org/) instead which worked out great. Trollop
    appears to work just fine on Ruby 1.9 as I did not notice any issues.
    I opted to copy trollop.rb over into my lib dir to avoid adding
    trollop as a external dependency.

    If you want to view how I used it, here is a link to the file on
    Github http://github.com/robolson/simplesem/blob/master/bin/simplesem

    Regards,

    Rob Olson
    http://thinkingdigitally.com
    Rob Olson, Sep 27, 2009

  3. Reformatted excerpts from Rob Olson's message of 2009-09-27:
    > Trollop appears to work just fine on Ruby 1.9 as I did not notice any
    > issues.

    Trollop is Officially Guaranteed To Work with Ruby 1.9.
    --
    William <>
    William Morgan, Sep 30, 2009
  4. William Morgan wrote:
    > Reformatted excerpts from Rob Olson's message of 2009-09-27:
    >> Trollop appears to work just fine on Ruby 1.9 as I did not notice any
    >> issues.

    > Trollop is Officially Guaranteed To Work with Ruby 1.9.

    Thanks :), I'll try it.
    Juan Felipe Alvarez Saldarriaga, Sep 30, 2009