rdoc/usage usage_no_exit error

Todd S.

I'm trying to integrate rdoc/usage.rb into my ruby script for the usage
paramaters, however it doesn't seem to work.

when I call RDoc::usage I get this...

/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/rdoc/usage.rb:105:in `usage_no_exit': private
method `gsub' called for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)

Is there any way to fix this?

David Vallner

Todd said:
I'm trying to integrate rdoc/usage.rb into my ruby script for the usage
paramaters, however it doesn't seem to work.

when I call RDoc::usage I get this...

/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/rdoc/usage.rb:105:in `usage_no_exit': private
method `gsub' called for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)

Is there any way to fix this?
Check for the REALLY dumb errors. From a look at the usage.rb source, it
seems that find_usage fails to find your usage information at all. Check
for typos, or how you comment out the documentation comments -
#find_comment in usage.rb doesn't seem to recognize =begin [ ... ] =end
blocks.