    Date : Tuesday, September 16, 2003
    From : Graham Fawcett <>
    To : ads <>
    Subject : from clipper move to python
    ads wrote:

    >Thank you for the respon,
    >
    >But right now I'm still not ready using linux, a lot of my client were
    >using windows. Is someone know what should I use to create text
    >console application like clipper using python in (stupid) windows?
    >
    >Thanks
    >:)

    Stupid Windows? Now, now, let's not start a flamewar. ;-)

    I've never used it, but I do see that there is a "Curses for Windows for
    Python" project at

    http://flangy.com/dev/python/curses/

    though it's an "alpha" stage project.

    There's also "public domain curses" or pdcurses, available for Win32,

    http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/pdcurses.htm

    Presumably it would work with the Python curses module. But again, I've
    not used it.

    In my opinion, you would probably have more success writing a GUI
    application using one of the "easy" app builders like PythonCard. It may
    be a new experience for you, but there will be more people who would be
    able to support you and answer your questions.

    -- Graham

    ads, Sep 16, 2003