Re[2]: KinterBasDB problems in Linux

fowlertrainer

Hello !

Very interesting thing:
When I copy this script to another dir, it is working, but in this
directory is not working.
Only different is to this dir is used by an symlink.

The python is not working good with symlinked dirs ???

So: in Debian Sarge, some interesting thing happened.

When I start python with:
/usr/bin/python
it is starting the py2.3

When I write this:
import kinterbasdb<crlf>
the py2.3 is not say this:
"import _kinterbasdb as _k"
"ImportError: No module named _kinterbasdb"
only do the import.
So it is working.

BUT !

If I write this line to a script:
#!/usr/bin/python
import kinterbasdb
this error I get:
"import _kinterbasdb as _k"
"ImportError: No module named _kinterbasdb"

Why ?
What I do wrong ??????

Anybody know it ?

UG> I don't have any proplems with cross-platform issues.
UG> Working on Win2000 + suse linux 8.2, 9.0 and FB 1.5,
UG> kinterbasdb from http://sourceforge.net/projects/kinterbasdb/

I try with apt-get install "kidb", and do same things.