Re[2]: Need help on how to use Pymedia!

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dmitry Borisov, Aug 5, 2004.

  1. >
    > Thank you for your help!
    >
    > "Lawrence Oluyede" <> wrote in message
    > > In data Thu, 05 Aug 2004 02:28:48 GMT, CptPicard ha scritto:
    > >
    > > > Could someone give me a more detailed documentation on pymedia or some

    > clues
    > > > on how to get the information I need ?

    > > AFAIK Pymedia cannot extract ID3 infos from MP3 (altough you can study by
    > > yourself the ID3 format a inspect the raw info of the file), anyway the

    > web
    > > is full of ID3 tools for python such as:
    > > http://id3-py.sourceforge.net/

    Please use this mailing list to get support on pymedia:
    It will make sure you get the quick response.

    The documentation is a little scarce at the moment and I'm working on the tutorial to compensate that.

    Here is the code which will give you what you need( from pycar ). It is modified to match what you need and therefore not tested.:

    f= open( <file_name>, 'rb' )
    dec= acodec.Decoder( <file_extension> )
    s= f.read( 20000 )
    fr= dec.decode( s )
    # Hardcoding for mp3 IDv1 tags
    if not dec.hasHeader() and <file_extension>== 'mp3':
    f.seek( -128, 2 )
    dec= acodec.Decoder( 'mp3' )
    dec.decode( f.read( 128 ) )

    print dec.getInfo()

    Hope this helps.
    Dmitry/
    Dmitry Borisov, Aug 5, 2004

  2. Dmitry Borisov

    CptPicard Guest

    "Dmitry Borisov" <> wrote in message

    > > Thank you for your help!
    > >
    > > "Lawrence Oluyede" <> wrote in message

    some
    > > clues
    > > >
    > > > AFAIK Pymedia cannot extract ID3 infos from MP3 (altough you can study

    by
    > > > yourself the ID3 format a inspect the raw info of the file), anyway

    the
    > > web
    > > > is full of ID3 tools for python such as:
    > > > http://id3-py.sourceforge.net/

    > Please use this mailing list to get support on pymedia:

    > It will make sure you get the quick response.

    I will do so!

    > The documentation is a little scarce at the moment and I'm working on the

    tutorial to compensate that.

    Good news!

    > Here is the code which will give you what you need( from pycar ). It is

    modified to match what you need and therefore not tested.:

    > f= open( <file_name>, 'rb' )
    > dec= acodec.Decoder( <file_extension> )
    > s= f.read( 20000 )
    > fr= dec.decode( s )
    > # Hardcoding for mp3 IDv1 tags
    > if not dec.hasHeader() and <file_extension>== 'mp3':
    > f.seek( -128, 2 )
    > dec= acodec.Decoder( 'mp3' )
    > dec.decode( f.read( 128 ) )
    >
    > print dec.getInfo()

    I appreciate your support.
    I understand that this is a piece of code specially written for fixing my
    problem but where could I find such example in pycar ? I looked for Decoder
    in the pycar source code (pymedia*-src) and found no match.

    Do you include support for tag IDv2 too ?

    CptPicard, Aug 5, 2004