Re: 403 Forbidden After Publishing

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by K Viltersten, Oct 7, 2008.

  1. K Viltersten

    K Viltersten Guest

    > Using XP Pro/SP2/IIS5.1:
    > I have been developing an ASP.NET Web application using VS2008 Pro and IIS
    > 5.1 as the local Web server.

    <snipped a lot>

    I'm not sure if my problem was similar to you
    but the description is.

    What i discovered was that i needed to add
    two new users to the destination directory
    and assign them special access rights.

    Those users were ASPNET and IUSER_computername
    and the rights i put on them were public,
    read and something else. After that, it did
    work. I truly hope this is the solution to
    your problem.

    --
    Regards
    Konrad Viltersten

    K Viltersten, Oct 7, 2008

  2. K Viltersten

    K Viltersten Guest

    > Thanks for the idea: I added IUSER_computername, gave it "full control"
    > and the problem remains.
    > Still looking for a solution or at least greater understanding of the
    > problem.

    Did you add BOTH users?

    K Viltersten, Oct 7, 2008

  3. K Viltersten