Re: A Weird Appearance for a Weird Site

Discussion in 'HTML' started by David Segall, Jan 22, 2011.

  1. David Segall

    David Segall Guest

    Jeff <> wrote:

    >People are telling me my site is a bit amateurish - I'm not sure I get it.
    >I'll admit that it looks rather wild, but in what way does it look, well,
    >less than professional?

    I don't have the design talent to give reasons but I _know_ your
    critics are correct. As a programmer and not a designer I chose to
    avoid the design problems by choosing a design from OSWD
    <http://www.oswd.org/>. I have since found the book "The Principles of
    Beautiful Web Design" <http://www.sitepoint.com/books/design2/> an
    excellent resource for translating "design" to HTML/CSS but I would
    still start with something that has been produced by someone who has
    aesthetic talent.

    Let me frame your question a different way. Would you paint a picture
    or write a poem and then ask why your effort seems "less than
    professional"?

    David Segall, Jan 22, 2011