Re: About python Sybase module and the database manipulation!

Discussion in 'Python' started by Steve Holden, Apr 6, 2007.

  1. Steve Holden

    Steve Holden Guest

    boyeestudio wrote:
    > I write a python program which can insert one record into the Sybase
    > databae at a time using the function "fetchone()",But I find it runs slowly.
    > So I want speed it up,But I don't know how to manipulate the database
    > more efficiently! Thread or any other methods can do it??

    Since fetchone() is for *retrieval* of data from a database and since
    you don't show us your code it's difficult to know what to suggest.

    If you let us have an example it will be easier to tell you why your
    code doesn't run fast enough.

    You may wish to look at executemany() if you have lots of insertions to
    make.

    regards
    Steve
    --
    Steve Holden +44 150 684 7255 +1 800 494 3119
    Recent Ramblings http://holdenweb.blogspot.com
    Steve Holden, Apr 6, 2007