Re: access HTTP request parameters?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Jean-Baptiste Nizet, Jul 15, 2008.

  1. On 15 juil, 00:42, Stefan Palme <> wrote:

    > One of the application's HTML pages contains an <applet>-Tag causing
    > the users browser to load an applet. The applet lives in the same
    > codebase as the web application, i.e. something like this:
    >
    > <applet code="my.package.Main" archive="applet.jar">
    > ... (some applet params)
    > </applet>

    If this HTML page is dynamically generated, you can retrieve the
    cookie information when generating the HTML page, and pass it to the
    applet as an additional applet parameter.

    JB.

    Jean-Baptiste Nizet, Jul 15, 2008

  2. Jean-Baptiste Nizet

    Stefan Palme Guest

    Hi,

    On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 00:43:59 -0700, Jean-Baptiste Nizet wrote:
    > If this HTML page is dynamically generated, you can retrieve the cookie
    > information when generating the HTML page, and pass it to the applet as
    > an additional applet parameter.

    This is the current workaround - but I was looking for a more
    "natural" way to access the cookies.

    Thanks to Arne for the hint regarding JSObject. Will take a look at this,
    but I guess this will not be an option because of the dependency to a
    third party package...

    Best regards
    -stefan-

    Stefan Palme, Jul 16, 2008

  3. Stefan Palme wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 00:43:59 -0700, Jean-Baptiste Nizet wrote:
    >> If this HTML page is dynamically generated, you can retrieve the cookie
    >> information when generating the HTML page, and pass it to the applet as
    >> an additional applet parameter.

    > This is the current workaround - but I was looking for a more
    > "natural" way to access the cookies.
    >
    > Thanks to Arne for the hint regarding JSObject. Will take a look at this,
    > but I guess this will not be an option because of the dependency to a
    > third party package...

    What third party package ?

    The package netscape.javascript.* exist in the browsers
    Java !

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Jul 19, 2008
  4. On Jul 19, 1:36 pm, Arne Vajhøj <> wrote:
    > Stefan Palme wrote:
    > > On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 00:43:59 -0700, Jean-Baptiste Nizet wrote:

    > > Thanks to Arne for the hint regarding JSObject. Will take a look at this,
    > > but I guess this will not be an option because of the dependency to a
    > > third party package...

    > What third party package ?
    >
    > The package netscape.javascript.* exist in the browsers
    > Java !

    True. The only tricky bit is getting the code to
    compile, as mentioned (various places) on Real's
    how-to.

    The information on the jar to add to the compilation
    classpath seems out of date for 1.6 though. I had to
    reference the plugin.jar in the lib/ to get examples
    to compile against 1.6.

    I just dropped a note to Real, asking them to update
    the pages.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://pscode.org/