Re: access HTTP request parameters?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Stanimir Stamenkov, Jul 16, 2008.

  1. 14 Jul 2008 22:42:17 GMT, /Stefan Palme/:

    > <applet code="my.package.Main" archive="applet.jar">
    > ... (some applet params)
    > </applet>
    >
    > The "Cookie" header used for authentication is of course also
    > set in the HTTP request used to load applet.jar to the client.
    >
    > Is there a way to access the Cookie-Header (or any other HTTP
    > request header) of the HTTP request that was used to load the
    > applet's jar file?

    Just curious, what do you need the cookies for? Do you need to pass
    them over a "custom" connection you open to the server? I haven't
    really tried but does opening a connection from the applet code goes
    through the host/browser libraries, therefore cookies being
    automatically set?

    --
    Stanimir

    Stanimir Stamenkov, Jul 16, 2008

  2. Stanimir Stamenkov

    Stefan Palme Guest

    > Just curious, what do you need the cookies for? Do you need to pass
    > them over a "custom" connection you open to the server? I haven't
    > really tried but does opening a connection from the applet code goes
    > through the host/browser libraries, therefore cookies being
    > automatically set?

    Yes, I need the Cookies to authenticate a connection, which is
    opened by the applet code. I am not sure, if the applet WOULD
    automatically use the browser cookies - but even if this were
    the case it wouldn't help me, because the applet needs the
    auth token (= the value in the cookie) to open a connection to
    a third party backend system, that uses the same auth tokens as
    the application server, but is not the application server
    itself (i.e. there is a "global" authentication system in the
    background used by both the application server and the
    third party backend system).

    Regards
    -stefan-

    Stefan Palme, Jul 17, 2008