RE: Access to MS SQL from Linux?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Tim Golden, Sep 24, 2004.

  1. Tim Golden

    Tim Golden Guest

    [Benji York]
    | There is a very cool project called ODBTP (Open DataBase Transport
    | Protocol) at http://odbtp.sourceforge.net.

    Very interesting indeed.

    | I've developed Python bindings for it (following the DB API 2.0).
    | If there is more general interest, I'll distribute it more widely.

    I'm certainly interested; any chance of your putting them up
    on a website somewhere?

    Thanks
    TJG

    http://www.star.net.uk
    Tim Golden, Sep 24, 2004

  2. Tim Golden

    Benji York Guest

    Tim Golden <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > I'm certainly interested; any chance of your putting them up
    > on a website somewhere?

    I'll put it up tonight or tomorrow and post the address here. My
    module is currently in alpha state, but in active development. It is
    only about 400 LOC, but is almost fully functional.
    --
    Benji York
    Benji York, Sep 24, 2004

  3. Tim Golden

    Benji York Guest

    Tim Golden <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > I'm certainly interested; any chance of your putting them up
    > on a website somewhere?

    It's in alpha state, but you can download it at
    http://benjiyork.com/odbtp.html. If the instructions are unclear or
    even missing something, let me know. Any volunteers to help build a
    test suite, finish up some rough edges, or help with packaging would
    be appreciated.

    (Five geek points to everyone that can identify the background image
    on that page.)
    --
    Benji York
    Benji York, Sep 26, 2004