RE: Accessing file metadata on windows XP

Discussion in 'Python' started by Tim Golden, Nov 28, 2006.

  1. Tim Golden

    Tim Golden Guest

    [Dennis Lee Bieber]

    | > When rightclicking a, for example, pdf file on windows, one normally
    | > gets a screen with three or four tags. Clicking on one of
    | the summary
    | > tag one can get some info like "title", "Author",
    | "category", "keyword"
    | > etc..
    | >
    | Doesn't for me... Right-clicking on a PDF gives me a
    | pop-up menu to open, print, compress to ZIP, send to
    | application in a predefined list, copy/delete/rename,
    | and access properties.

    OK, I admit I understood that to mean: rightclicking and
    selecting Properties (or getting the Property Sheets any
    other way)...

    | Unfortunately, you now encounter the difference between Windows
    | (right-click/properties/summary) data, and what PDF format itself
    | maintains internally

    Very true; there is confusion in this particular case. Not sure
    if the OP was simply using a PDF as an example, which could have
    been a .txt file for example. Or if he wanted to be specific.
    Good point.

    TJG

    http://www.star.net.uk
    Tim Golden, Nov 28, 2006