Re: Advice regarding multiprocessing module

Discussion in 'Python' started by Abhinav M Kulkarni, Mar 11, 2013.

  1. Hi Jean,

    Below is the code where I am creating multiple processes:

    if __name__ == '__main__':
    # List all files in the games directory
    files = list_sgf_files()

    # Read board configurations
    (intermediateBoards, finalizedBoards) = read_boards(files)

    # Initialize parameters
    param = Param()

    # Run maxItr iterations of gradient descent
    for itr in range(maxItr):
    # Each process analyzes one single data point
    # They dump their gradient calculations in queue q
    # Queue in Python is process safe
    start_time = time.time()
    q = Queue()
    jobs = []
    # Create a process for each game board
    for i in range(len(files)):
    p = Process(target=TrainGoCRFIsingGibbs,
    args=(intermediateBoards, finalizedBoards, param, q))
    p.start()
    jobs.append(p)
    # Blocking wait for each process to finish
    for p in jobs:
    p.join()
    elapsed_time = time.time() - start_time
    print 'Iteration: ', itr, '\tElapsed time: ', elapsed_time

    As you recommended, I'll use the profiler to see which part of the code
    is slow.

    Thanks,
    Abhinav

    Abhinav M Kulkarni, Mar 11, 2013