Re: Again: my web server uses old version of aspx pages

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Tim Stephenson, Oct 15, 2003.

  1. Try to rebuild your solution, and then use the copy project wizard to either redeploy the application to a staging directory or the production server. This should force IIS to reload the application, and flush any caching in place.

    --
    Regards

    Tim Stephenson MCSD.NET
    Charted MCAD & MCSD.NET Early Achiever

    "Francesca" <> wrote in message news:OKMJZ%...
    I've posted this question some days ago, but my problem is still there, so...please, help me!

    I've a problem with my ASP.NET web application (version 1.1, language vb).
    The application seems to work fine, so I've brougth it to the definitive Web Server , using the "copy project" utility in Visual Studio 2003.
    After that, I had to modify something in one of the Site aspx pages (the top frame in the Home Page): it was such a stupid change what I did...just a
    comment on a line of the codebehind...

    There was something like <<mylabel.text="hello">> that now is << 'mylabel.text="hello">>.
    On my local server everything works.

    Ok, I've built the project, done a backup of the previous version on the server, and then put on the new version (dll and aspx files): the problem is
    that when I call the home page what I see is the old version yet, with my label "hello"...

    I can see the old version of the page even if I browse the page from IIS console!

    Here is what I tried to solve the problem: delete everything, re-buil and re-copy the project, stop and restart IIS, clean the browser cache on the
    client (but the broblem is the same on each client), remove and create the web application again...

    The page continue showing the old message! But the page on server is correct, I'm sure...

    Any suggestion? I'm really going crazy with it...
    Ask me for more details, if needed.

    Thanks

    Francesca

    Tim Stephenson, Oct 15, 2003

  2. Tim Stephenson

    Francesca Guest

    Tank you very much, now it works.
    I've rebuilt the solution and used the copy project wizard to deploy the application directly to the production server (but this has been possible only sharing the destination path via http...): now I can see the new page, and not only...
    I can even deploy other modified pages (either aspx or vb) just overwriting old ones and copying the built project dll... as I would always have expected to do.
    I think something with the dll was corrupted.
    Anyway that's all, thank for your help

    Francesca

    Francesca, Oct 16, 2003