Re: Aggressive language on python-list

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Angelico, Oct 13, 2012.

  1. On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 2:21 AM, Zero Piraeus <> wrote:
    > I'm a mostly passive subscriber to this list - my posts here over the
    > years could probably be counted without having to take my socks off -
    > so perhaps I have no right to comment, but I've noticed a marked
    > increase in aggressive language here lately, so I'm putting my head
    > above the parapet to say that I don't appreciate it.

    Thanks for speaking up, Zero. I agree that the aggressive language
    lately has been a bit of a problem; but it's not incurable, and Dwight
    Hutto seems to have recovered a more affable stance in his more recent
    posts. (Thank you, Dwight/David.)

    Etienne, we shall not trouble you for a demonstration of what you
    think *real* aggressive behaviour is. Really, you've already given us
    far more than the five-minute argument we paid for; though I suppose
    you could be arguing on your own time. But I'm sure if you go to the
    next room, you'll find "being dropped into the killfille lessons".
    Better, better, but "Plonk". Hold your username here...

    Wait, is that the wrong Python for this list? Oops. So confusing.

    ChrisA

    Chris Angelico, Oct 13, 2012