Re: Allowing Duplicate IDs - XML Schema

Discussion in 'XML' started by GB, Jun 24, 2003.

  1. GB

    GB Guest

    > I'd rename it to "language_code" and remove the ID restriction in the
    > schema. Then enforce the relationships through the application layer,
    > not this syntactic layer.

    That's what I suggested - but it's not ideal. The schema is used by at
    least a dozen different apps it would be a bit of a pain to have to
    duplicate the code in each place to check this. It would be much nice
    if we could enforce this "id integrity" using the schema/parser that
    is the only thing in common between all the apps.

    Thanks for your help anyway!

    Anyone else got any suggestions???

    GB, Jun 24, 2003