Re: An important message to all jobseekers ,and internet users

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by CBFalconer, Nov 8, 2007.

  1. CBFalconer

    CBFalconer Guest

    jobmasters wrote:

    > this is your friend , administrator -india
    >
    > either you are fresher or experienced, searching for any job, any
    > location in India. [job guarantee for your challenging career.]
    >
    > Do this two things
    >
    > 1] Post your resume on

    The URL is left unchanged, so people can note it and avoid ever
    responding to that address, because of its uncaring spamming on
    international newsgroups.

    I have cross-posted to at least two of the spammed newsgroups.

    <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>
    Try the download section.

    CBFalconer, Nov 8, 2007

  2. CBFalconer

    santosh Guest

    On Thursday 08 Nov 2007 6:27 pm CBFalconer <> wrote
    in article <>:

    > jobmasters wrote:
    >>
    >> this is your friend , administrator -india
    >>
    >> either you are fresher or experienced, searching for any job, any
    >> location in India. [job guarantee for your challenging career.]
    >>
    >> Do this two things
    >>
    >> 1] Post your resume on

    > The URL is left unchanged, so people can note it and avoid ever
    > responding to that address, because of its uncaring spamming on
    > international newsgroups.
    >
    > I have cross-posted to at least two of the spammed newsgroups.

    Huh? The kind of guys who are likely to apply to such offers are
    unlikely to loose sleep over the spamming.
    santosh, Nov 8, 2007

  3. CBFalconer

    Guest

    On Nov 8, 8:20 am, santosh <> wrote:
    > On Thursday 08 Nov 2007 6:27 pm CBFalconer <> wrote
    > in article <>:
    >

    > > jobmasters wrote:

    > >> this is your friend , administrator -india

    > >> either you are fresher or experienced, searching for any job, any
    > >> location in India. [job guarantee for your challenging career.]

    > >> Do this two things

    > >> 1] Post your resume on

    > > The URL is left unchanged, so people can note it and avoid ever
    > > responding to that address, because of its uncaring spamming on
    > > international newsgroups.

    > > I have cross-posted to at least two of the spammed newsgroups.

    > Huh? The kind of guys who are likely to apply to such offers are
    > unlikely to loose sleep over the spamming.

    Simple. A lot of work is being outsourced these days, and it is very
    difficult to tell what kind of quality one will be getting.

    By discovering what firms would actually hire someone who would
    respond to such an offer, one can instantly know that they will
    receive ZERO quality from that firm.

    Knowing who to avoid makes the selection process easier.

    G.
    , Nov 8, 2007
  4. CBFalconer

    Richard Guest

    santosh <> writes:

    > On Thursday 08 Nov 2007 6:27 pm CBFalconer <> wrote
    > in article <>:
    >
    >> jobmasters wrote:
    >>>
    >>> this is your friend , administrator -india
    >>>
    >>> either you are fresher or experienced, searching for any job, any
    >>> location in India. [job guarantee for your challenging career.]
    >>>
    >>> Do this two things
    >>>
    >>> 1] Post your resume on

    >> The URL is left unchanged, so people can note it and avoid ever
    >> responding to that address, because of its uncaring spamming on
    >> international newsgroups.
    >>
    >> I have cross-posted to at least two of the spammed newsgroups.

    > Huh? The kind of guys who are likely to apply to such offers are
    > unlikely to loose sleep over the spamming.

    Mr Falconer is under the impression that he is the group God and
    everyone pays attention to his petty rantings.

    Interestingly enough he promotes his own "libraries" and availability in
    every single post he makes, albeit in one of his multiple signatures.
    Richard, Nov 8, 2007
  5. CBFalconer

    Richard Guest

    writes:

    > On Nov 8, 8:20 am, santosh <> wrote:
    >> On Thursday 08 Nov 2007 6:27 pm CBFalconer <> wrote
    >> in article <>:

    >> > The URL is left unchanged, so people can note it and avoid ever
    >> > responding to that address, because of its uncaring spamming on
    >> > international newsgroups.

    >> > I have cross-posted to at least two of the spammed newsgroups.

    >> Huh? The kind of guys who are likely to apply to such offers are
    >> unlikely to loose sleep over the spamming.

    > Simple. A lot of work is being outsourced these days, and it is very
    > difficult to tell what kind of quality one will be getting.
    >
    > By discovering what firms would actually hire someone who would
    > respond to such an offer, one can instantly know that they will
    > receive ZERO quality from that firm.
    >
    > Knowing who to avoid makes the selection process easier.
    >
    > G.

    And you would base your hiring on which usenet groups they post to? How
    ridiculous.
    Richard, Nov 8, 2007
  6. CBFalconer

    Guest

    On Nov 8, 9:46 am, Richard <> wrote:
    > writes:
    > > On Nov 8, 8:20 am, santosh <> wrote:

    > >> Huh? The kind of guys who are likely to apply to such offers are
    > >> unlikely to loose sleep over the spamming.

    > > Simple. A lot of work is being outsourced these days, and it is very
    > > difficult to tell what kind of quality one will be getting.

    > > By discovering what firms would actually hire someone who would
    > > respond to such an offer, one can instantly know that they will
    > > receive ZERO quality from that firm.

    > > Knowing who to avoid makes the selection process easier.

    > > G.

    > And you would base your hiring on which usenet groups they post to? How
    > ridiculous.

    Not on what group they post to; rather their ability to read and
    understand simple directions. There are groups that are intended for
    job hiring related postings. IIRC, they all have the letters "job" in
    their name.

    If they are too lazy or stupid to follow simple directions on usenet,
    most likely they will be too lazy or stupid to perform any assigned
    task. And I would choose not to hire someone that was too lazy or
    stupid to perform an assigned task.

    G.
    , Nov 8, 2007
  7. CBFalconer <> writes:
    > jobmasters wrote:
    >> this is your friend , administrator -india
    >>
    >> either you are fresher or experienced, searching for any job, any
    >> location in India. [job guarantee for your challenging career.]

    [SNIP]

    > The URL is left unchanged, so people can note it and avoid ever
    > responding to that address, because of its uncaring spamming on
    > international newsgroups.
    >
    > I have cross-posted to at least two of the spammed newsgroups.

    Chuck, why on Earth did you feel the need to re-spam newsgroups that
    have already been spammed? Did you think that anyone wouldn't have
    already figured out that the original posting was spam?

    Some news servers filter out spam; you've managed to bring the
    spammer's site to the attention of people who never saw the original.

    Don't post followups to spam. Either ignore it or report it to
    someone who can do something about it.

    You know better. Sheesh.

    Keith Thompson, Nov 9, 2007
  8. CBFalconer

    CBFalconer Guest

    Keith Thompson wrote:
    > CBFalconer <> writes:
    >> jobmasters wrote:
    >>> this is your friend , administrator -india
    >>>
    >>> either you are fresher or experienced, searching for any job, any
    >>> location in India. [job guarantee for your challenging career.]

    > [SNIP]
    >>
    >> The URL is left unchanged, so people can note it and avoid ever
    >> responding to that address, because of its uncaring spamming on
    >> international newsgroups.
    >>
    >> I have cross-posted to at least two of the spammed newsgroups.

    > Chuck, why on Earth did you feel the need to re-spam newsgroups
    > that have already been spammed? Did you think that anyone
    > wouldn't have already figured out that the original posting was
    > spam?
    >
    > Some news servers filter out spam; you've managed to bring the
    > spammer's site to the attention of people who never saw the
    > original.
    >
    > Don't post followups to spam. Either ignore it or report it to
    > someone who can do something about it.
    >
    > You know better. Sheesh.

    I felt the urge to urge ignoramuses to ignore it, but to remember
    it for future ignoring. Stupid of me. But I didn't think about it
    - just reacted. Not the first time I have done this sort of
    foolishness.

    CBFalconer, Nov 9, 2007
  9. CBFalconer

    Pete Fenelon Guest

    In comp.arch.embedded wrote:

    > Simple. A lot of work is being outsourced these days, and it is very
    > difficult to tell what kind of quality one will be getting.

    Oh, no, it's becoming quite *easy* to predict the quality. At least, on
    most of the outsourced projects I've been involved with predicting the
    quality - mediocre - has been very easy. Predicting things like delivery
    dates, staff resource usage, existence of anything other than the most
    cursory tests.... *that* is the challenge ;P

    pete
    --
    "irk the purists - if you've never then you ought."
    Pete Fenelon, Nov 9, 2007