Re: An unusual question...

Discussion in 'Python' started by Guest, Apr 18, 2011.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Apr 18, 2011

  2. On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 07:21:18 +0100, wisecracker wrote:

    > Hi Rhodri...
    >
    >> You do realise that what id() returns is implementation-dependent,
    >> don't you? In particular, what IronPython returns isn't an address.

    > I'm pretty sure I wrote "standard Python" install in one of my replies.

    IronPython *is* standard Python. As are Jython, PyPy and CPython.

    --
    Steven

    Steven D'Aprano, Apr 18, 2011

    harrismh777 Guest

    Steven D'Aprano wrote:
    >> > I'm pretty sure I wrote "standard Python" install in one of my replies.

    > IronPython*is* standard Python. As are Jython, PyPy and CPython.

    This brings up a question I have had for a while; when is PSF going
    to forward PythonX on over to a formal standards committee like ansi or iso?

    harrismh777, Apr 18, 2011
  4. On 2011-04-18, harrismh777 <> wrote:

    >> IronPython*is* standard Python. As are Jython, PyPy and CPython.
    >>

    > This brings up a question I have had for a while; when is PSF going
    > to forward PythonX on over to a formal standards committee like ansi or iso?

    Oh please no. Anything but that.

    Seriously.

    --
    Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Hmmm ... an arrogant
    at bouquet with a subtle

    Grant Edwards, Apr 18, 2011