Re: anchor tag problem

Discussion in 'HTML' started by dorayme, Jul 8, 2008.

  1. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Eric <> wrote:

    > I have a page where if a user clicks on a link it jumps to near the end of
    > another page. The target page contains a lot of images. The problem is that
    > when the images are loading the the browser tries to jump to the anchor tag
    > but at this point the page mostly contains the images text descriptions and
    > so its much shorter. The jump jumps to where the anchor tag is at this point
    > but when the images finish loading the correct spot is way down the page and
    > the user is left near the top somewhere. If i load the page a few times and
    > the images get cached it works ok.
    > How can i delay the jump until the page is fully loaded so it goes to the
    > correct spot?
    > Thanks
    > Eric

    Have you given widths and height to the images in the html?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jul 8, 2008

  2. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Eric <> wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    >
    > > Have you given widths and height to the images in the html?
    > >

    > no i didnt, will that solve it?

    Do it and see. If you give such dims, the browser is given information
    to reserve space *quickly* and not have to wait for the images to
    download to base its decisions on how to layout the page; when the
    images finally load, they find pre-prepared comfy spots for themselves...

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jul 8, 2008