Re: ANN: dbf.py 0.94

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Angelico, Jul 21, 2012.

  1. On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 4:15 AM, Ethan Furman <> wrote:
    > I'll support 3.3+, but not with the same code base: I want to use all the
    > cool features that 3.3 has! :)

    The trouble with double-codebasing is that you have double
    maintenance. But sure. So long as your time isn't under great
    pressure, it can be quite effective.

    Recommendation: Figure out a way to minimize double-handling of
    things. One way might be to have source control manage it for you -
    apply a patch to your 3.3+ source tree, then merge it into your 2.4+
    tree and see if it applies cleanly. I dunno how successful that'd be,
    but I really dread the idea of maintaining, unassisted, two identical
    projects in two dialects of the same language. Recipe for burnout I'd
    predict.

    ChrisA
    Chris Angelico, Jul 21, 2012