Re: ANN: dbf.py 0.94

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ethan Furman, Jul 23, 2012.

  1. Ethan Furman

    Ethan Furman Guest

    Chris Angelico wrote:
    > On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 4:15 AM, Ethan Furman <> wrote:
    >> I'll support 3.3+, but not with the same code base: I want to use all the
    >> cool features that 3.3 has! :)

    > The trouble with double-codebasing is that you have double
    > maintenance. But sure. So long as your time isn't under great
    > pressure, it can be quite effective.

    Once I get dbf.py to 1.0 release, it will enter maintenance/bug-fix-only
    mode, and I'll start on the 3.3+ version.

    The 1.0 release will have the final API, support for Clipper tables,
    hopefully support for auto-incrementing fields, maybe support for .idx
    files, plus everything there now.

    ..cdx files (and maybe .idx files) will have to wait for the 3.3+ version.

    There, now I have a roadmap to follow! :)

    ~Ethan~

    Ethan Furman, Jul 23, 2012