    |----------------------------------------------------------|

    Ah, strongly typed assembly languages. One does not see many of
    those.

    Nicholas Collin Paul de Glouceſter, Jul 13, 2011

  2. Nicholas Collin Paul de Glouceſter

    Tom Gardner Guest

    Nicholas Collin Paul de Glouceſter wrote:
    > Dr. Kavvadias<> sent on July 11th, 2011:
    > |----------------------------------------------------------|
    > |"[..] |
    > | |
    > |You can [..] code your input [..] in a bit-accurate typed-|
    > |assembly language called NAC (N-Address Code). [..] |
    > |[..] |
    > | |
    > |[..]" |
    > |----------------------------------------------------------|
    >

    > Ah, strongly typed assembly languages. One does not see many of
    > those.

    You do if you are assembling hardware :)

    Tom Gardner, Jul 13, 2011

  3. Re: HercuLeS high-level synthesis tool

    Hi

    > > Ah, strongly typed assembly languages. One does not see many of
    > > those.

    > You do if you are assembling hardware :)

    Yes, bit-accurate, strongly-typed (generic) assembly languages is the
    way to go as an intermediate representation especially for hardware
    compilation. It provides some other benefits for the infrastructure in
    the long term.

    I decided to develop and extend an extremely lightweight typed-
    assembly language (called NAC), to keep all the infrastructure light
    and manageable by a single person. It certainly is manageable at the
    present time.

    Best regards,
    Nikolaos Kavvadias

    Nikolaos Kavvadias, Jul 13, 2011