Re: ANN: Louie-1.0b2 - Signal dispatching mechanism

Discussion in 'Python' started by Thomas Heller, Dec 1, 2005.

  1. writes:

    > Louie 1.0b2 is available:
    >
    > <http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/Louie>
    >
    > Louie provides Python programmers with a straightforward way to
    > dispatch signals between objects in a wide variety of contexts. It is
    > based on PyDispatcher_, which in turn was based on a highly-rated
    > recipe_ in the Python Cookbook.
    >
    > .. _PyDispatcher: http://pydispatcher.sf.net/
    >
    > .. _recipe: http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/87056
    >

    > For more information, visit the Louie project site:
    > <http://louie.berlios.de/>
    >
    > Patrick K. O'Brien and contributors
    > <>

    What is the difference between PyDispatcher and Louie?
    (I'm still using a hacked version of the original cookbook recipe...)

    Thanks,

    Thomas
    Thomas Heller, Dec 1, 2005

  2. Thomas Heller

    Pat Guest

    Thomas Heller wrote:

    > What is the difference between PyDispatcher and Louie?
    > (I'm still using a hacked version of the original cookbook recipe...)

    Not too much at this point, but the general differences are listed on
    this page:

    http://louie.berlios.de/changes.html

    Matt and I plan to experiment with other changes for Nufox, PyQt,
    Schevo and other things that we are working on.

    --
    Patrick K. O'Brien
    Orbtech http://www.orbtech.com
    Pat, Dec 1, 2005

  3. "Pat" <> writes:

    > Thomas Heller wrote:
    >>
    >> What is the difference between PyDispatcher and Louie?
    >> (I'm still using a hacked version of the original cookbook recipe...)

    > Not too much at this point, but the general differences are listed on
    > this page:
    >
    > http://louie.berlios.de/changes.html
    >
    > Matt and I plan to experiment with other changes for Nufox, PyQt,
    > Schevo and other things that we are working on.

    Ok, so I won't need it (yet).

    Thanks (and also for the original dispatcher module, of which I'm a very
    happy user).

    Thomas
    Thomas Heller, Dec 2, 2005
  4. Thomas Heller wrote:
    > "Pat" <> writes:
    > > Thomas Heller wrote:
    > >> What is the difference between PyDispatcher and Louie?

    > > Not too much at this point, but the general differences are listed on
    > > this page:
    > >
    > > http://louie.berlios.de/changes.html

    > Ok, so I won't need it (yet).

    One difference that may help you out if you ever experiment with PJE's
    RuleDispatch, is that the 'louie' top-level package name does not
    conflict with RuleDispatch's 'dispatch' top-level package name.

    - Matthew
    Matthew Scott, Dec 6, 2005