Re: [ANN] NumPy 1.0b4 now available

Discussion in 'Python' started by Bruce Who, Aug 29, 2006.

  1. Bruce Who

    Bruce Who Guest

    Hi, Travis

    I can pack my scripts into an executable with py2exe, but errors occur
    once it runs:

    No scipy-style subpackage 'random' found in D:\test\dist\numpy.
    Ignoring: No module named info
    import core -> failed: No module named _internal
    import lib -> failed: 'module' object has no attribute '_ARRAY_API'
    import linalg -> failed: 'module' object has no attribute '_ARRAY_API'
    import dft -> failed: 'module' object has no attribute '_ARRAY_API'
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "main.py", line 9, in ?
    File "numpy\__init__.pyc", line 49, in ?

    File "numpy\add_newdocs.pyc", line 2, in ?
    gkDc
    File "numpy\lib\__init__.pyc", line 5, in ?

    File "numpy\lib\type_check.pyc", line 8, in ?

    File "numpy\core\__init__.pyc", line 6, in ?

    File "numpy\core\umath.pyc", line 12, in ?

    File "numpy\core\umath.pyc", line 10, in __load

    AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '_ARRAY_API'

    This is the main.py file:
    #=======================================
    # filename:main.py
    import wx
    import numpy

    class myFrame(wx.Frame):
    def __init__(self, *args, **kwds):
    wx.Frame.__init__(self, *args, **kwds)
    ##------ your widgets
    ##------ put stuff into sizer
    self.sizer_ = wx.BoxSizer(wx.VERTICAL)
    ## self.sizer_.Add(your_ctrl, proportion = 1, flag = wx.EXPAND)

    ## apply sizer
    self.SetSizer(self.sizer_)
    self.SetAutoLayout(True)

    def main(): ## {{{
    app = wx.PySimpleApp(0)
    frame = myFrame(None, -1, title = '')
    frame.Show(True)
    app.SetTopWindow(frame)
    app.MainLoop()
    ## }}}

    if __name__ == "__main__":main()
    #=======================================
    # filename:setup.py
    import glob
    import sys

    from distutils.core import setup
    import py2exe

    includes = ["encodings",
    "encodings.*",
    ]

    excludes = ["javax.comm"]

    options = {
    "py2exe":
    {
    #"compressed": 1,
    #"optimize": 0,
    #"bundle_files":2,
    "skip_archive":1,
    "includes": includes,
    'excludes': excludes

    setup(
    version = "0.1",
    description = "",
    name = "test",
    options = options,
    windows = [
    {
    "script":"main.py",
    }
    ],
    #zipfile = None,
    )

    and I run this command to compile the scripts:
    python setup.py py2exe

    and all packages I use are:
    python2.4.3
    numpy-0.98
    py2exe-0.6.5
    wxpython-2.6.3.2

    I unistalled Numeric before I compiled scripts.

    If you google "numpy py2exe", you can find others guys stumbled by the
    same issue with ease:

    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/py2exe-users/3249182
    http://www.nabble.com/matplotlib,-numpy-and-py2exe-t1901429.html

    I just hope this can be fixed in the next table release of numpy.

    On 8/29/06, Travis Oliphant <> wrote:
    > bruce.who.hk wrote:
    > > Hi, Travis
    > >
    > > I just wonder if NumPy 1.0b4 can get along with py2exe? Just a few weeks ago I made a application in Python. At first I used Numpy, it works OK, but I cannot pack it into a workable executable with py2exe and the XXX.log saied that numpy cannot find some module. I found some hints in py2exe wiki, but it still doesn't work. At Last I tried Numeric instead and it got OK. I just hope that you donnot stop the maintenance of Numeric before you are sure that Numpy can work with py2exe.
    > >

    > We've already stopped maintenance of Numeric nearly 1 year ago. If
    > NumPy doesn't work with py2exe then we need help figuring out why. The
    > beta-release period is the perfect time to fix that. I've never used
    > py2exe myself, but I seem to recall that some have been able to make it
    > work.
    >
    > The problem may just be listing the right set of modules to carry along
    > because you may not be able to get that with just the Python-side
    > imports. Post any errors you receive to
    >

    > Thanks,
    >

    > -Travis

    Bruce Who