    upgrade)

    Al

    , Jun 25, 2003

  2. David Bolen Guest

    writes:

    > I just hit an unfixable (for now) problem with pychecker, too.
    > Ran out of memory. My machine is WinNT 4.0 + 128 MB, and running
    > pychecker on a program (40k LOC + wxPython + a few other library
    > packages) runs me out of memory with nothing else running.
    > (I've got an old machine for which it is very hard to find memory
    > upgrade)

    How about some more disk? And what's your virtual memory set to? It
    may stink in terms of performance, depending on what the real working
    set size is, but just giving yourself some more virtual memory (aka
    disk or upping the defined swap) should take care of the out of memory
    error.

    That is unless the code is actually tickling some sort of bug in
    PyChecker that causes it to burn memory unnecessarily.

    -- David

    David Bolen, Jun 25, 2003

    Thanks giga. I thought that NT didn't give me a choice about that,
    but now I've set it bigger. That will be great if it works. Gotta
    reboot to try it.

    Al

    David Bolen wrote:

    > writes:
    >
    > > I just hit an unfixable (for now) problem with pychecker, too.
    > > Ran out of memory. My machine is WinNT 4.0 + 128 MB, and running
    > > pychecker on a program (40k LOC + wxPython + a few other library
    > > packages) runs me out of memory with nothing else running.
    > > (I've got an old machine for which it is very hard to find memory
    > > upgrade)

    > How about some more disk? And what's your virtual memory set to? It
    > may stink in terms of performance, depending on what the real working
    > set size is, but just giving yourself some more virtual memory (aka
    > disk or upping the defined swap) should take care of the out of memory
    > error.
    >
    > That is unless the code is actually tickling some sort of bug in
    > PyChecker that causes it to burn memory unnecessarily.
    >
    > -- David

    , Jun 25, 2003