Re: ANN: PyQt v3.8 Released

Discussion in 'Python' started by John Taylor, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. John Taylor

    John Taylor Guest

    Phil,

    Does PyQT support the ability to minimize an app to the lower right
    tray, next to the clock? If so, could you please post some example
    code?

    Thanks,
    John

    John Taylor, Aug 18, 2003

  2. On Monday 18 August 2003 2:59 am, John Taylor wrote:
    > Phil,
    >
    > Does PyQT support the ability to minimize an app to the lower right
    > tray, next to the clock? If so, could you please post some example
    > code?

    What platform?

    If you mean Windows then QApplication.winEventFilter() and QWidget.winEvent()
    were added to PyQt v3.4 at the specific request of somebody who wanted to do
    this. Sorry, but I don't have example code.

    Phil
    Phil Thompson, Aug 18, 2003

  3. John Taylor

    ulysses Guest

    Phil Thompson <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Monday 18 August 2003 2:59 am, John Taylor wrote:
    > > Phil,
    > >
    > > Does PyQT support the ability to minimize an app to the lower right
    > > tray, next to the clock? If so, could you please post some example
    > > code?

    > What platform?
    >
    > If you mean Windows then QApplication.winEventFilter() and QWidget.winEvent()
    > were added to PyQt v3.4 at the specific request of somebody who wanted to do
    > this. Sorry, but I don't have example code.
    >
    > Phil

    I find QT have a trayicon example in C++, I study it. But I can't
    convert it to python . Can you give some advice. Thanks.
    ulysses, Sep 11, 2003
  4. John Taylor

    John J. Lee Guest

    (ulysses) writes:

    > Phil Thompson <> wrote in message

    [...]
    > > If you mean Windows then QApplication.winEventFilter() and QWidget.winEvent()
    > > were added to PyQt v3.4 at the specific request of somebody who wanted to do
    > > this. Sorry, but I don't have example code.

    [...]
    > I find QT have a trayicon example in C++, I study it. But I can't
    > convert it to python . Can you give some advice. Thanks.

    Post your code, tell us what appears to go wrong. You might find the
    PyKDE list a better place to post, though.

    John
    John J. Lee, Sep 11, 2003
  5. On Thursday 11 September 2003 10:16 am, ulysses wrote:
    > Phil Thompson <> wrote in message
    >
    > > On Monday 18 August 2003 2:59 am, John Taylor wrote:
    > > > Phil,
    > > >
    > > > Does PyQT support the ability to minimize an app to the lower right
    > > > tray, next to the clock? If so, could you please post some example
    > > > code?

    > > What platform?
    > >
    > > If you mean Windows then QApplication.winEventFilter() and
    > > QWidget.winEvent() were added to PyQt v3.4 at the specific request of
    > > somebody who wanted to do this. Sorry, but I don't have example code.
    > >
    > > Phil

    > I find QT have a trayicon example in C++, I study it. But I can't
    > convert it to python . Can you give some advice. Thanks.

    Not really. Maybe try converting a simpler C++ example to Python to get
    practice, or study the examples that have already been converted.

    Phil
    Phil Thompson, Sep 14, 2003
  6. John Taylor

    ulysses Guest

    Phil Thompson <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Thursday 11 September 2003 10:16 am, ulysses wrote:
    > > Phil Thompson <> wrote in message

    > > > What platform?
    > > >
    > > > If you mean Windows then QApplication.winEventFilter() and
    > > > QWidget.winEvent() were added to PyQt v3.4 at the specific request of
    > > > somebody who wanted to do this. Sorry, but I don't have example code.
    > > >
    > > > Phil

    > > I find QT have a trayicon example in C++, I study it. But I can't
    > > convert it to python . Can you give some advice. Thanks.

    > Not really. Maybe try converting a simpler C++ example to Python to get
    > practice, or study the examples that have already been converted.
    >
    > Phil

    It's very difficult convert C++ example to Python. Dear Phil Thompson ,
    Why not give us a cool example .

    I can't find the trayicon examples in PyQt examples.
    You know Trayicon function is very important in Win32 platform.
    I do a freeware,but freeware and commercial software
    need this function too. :)

    Ulysses
    ulysses, Sep 16, 2003