RE: ANN: pyUnRAR 0.1

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jimmy Retzlaff, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. Oleg Broytmann () wrote:
    >Hello!

    Hi Oleg!

    >On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 04:38:29AM -0700, Jimmy Retzlaff wrote:
    >> pyUnRAR requires Microsoft Windows, Python 2.2 or higher, and ctypes
    >> 0.6.2.

    > Can you instead (or in addition) to wrap http://www.unrarlib.org/ -

    it
    >is much more portable?

    I can't in the short term. I don't have the time and I actually need to
    extract files from RAR v3 archives in a project of mine - the library at
    http://www.unrarlib.org doesn't appear to support v3 archives yet.

    Perhaps when I do have more time that library will support v3, so I'll
    take a look again then. Thanks for the suggestion!

    Jimmy
    Jimmy Retzlaff, Jul 1, 2003