Re: [ANN] Zeus - HTML Editor for Windows

Discussion in 'HTML' started by jussij@zeusedit.com, Jul 24, 2012.

  1. Guest

    On Monday, July 23, 2012 11:24:26 PM UTC-7, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

    > This is useful in a sense, since it lets us see, without spending time
    > in testing the software, that it does not help to write correct HTML.

    I don't claim to be a HTML developer. I'm a programmer who has created a programmer's text editor.

    Now HTML in it's rawest form is plain text and Zeus is an editor good and manipulating text. Also I think with the latest set of changes to Zeus makes it work well as a HTML non-WYSIWYG editor.

    But that is only my opinion. As to whether Zeus works for HTML editing, I will leave that to those who know HTML better than me.

    But in the link to the video that I posted I tried to highlight the Zeus features that might make writting HTML quicker and easier.

    > In fact, on your site, it is not advertized as HTML Editor but as
    > "Programmer's Editor"

    Zeus is a language neutral programmers text editor and as such it works for many different programming languages:

    http://www.zeusedit.com/language.html

    As you can see from the link above Zeus supports many languages including HTML.

    Cheers Jussi
    Author: Zeus Editor
    , Jul 24, 2012

  2. 2012-07-24 12:38, wrote:

    > I don't claim to be a HTML developer.

    Nobody said you did; but you advertised your software as "HTML Editor".

    > Now HTML in it's rawest form is plain text

    Thank you for the additional hint.

    (By definition, HTML - at least in serialized format - is text but not
    plain text.)

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Jul 24, 2012