Re: [ANNC] pybotwar-0.8

Discussion in 'Python' started by Terry Reedy, Aug 16, 2012.

  1. Terry Reedy

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 8/16/2012 11:40 AM, Ramchandra Apte wrote:

    > Look you are the only person complaining about top-posting.

    No he is not. Recheck all the the responses.

    > GMail uses top-posting by default.

    It only works if everyone does it.

    > I can't help it if you feel irritated by it.

    Your out-of-context comments are harder to understand. I mostly do not
    read them.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy

    Terry Reedy, Aug 16, 2012

  2. Terry Reedy

    Walter Hurry Guest

    On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 17:20:29 -0400, Terry Reedy wrote:

    > On 8/16/2012 11:40 AM, Ramchandra Apte wrote:
    >
    >> Look you are the only person complaining about top-posting.

    > No he is not. Recheck all the the responses.
    >
    >> GMail uses top-posting by default.

    > It only works if everyone does it.
    >
    >> I can't help it if you feel irritated by it.

    > Your out-of-context comments are harder to understand. I mostly do not
    > read them.

    It's strange, but I don't even *see* his contributions (I am using a
    regular newsreader - on comp.lang.python - and I don't have him in the
    bozo bin). It doesn't sound as though I'm missing much.

    But I'm just curious. Any idea why that would be the case?

    Walter Hurry, Aug 16, 2012

  3. Terry Reedy

    Hans Mulder Guest

    On 16/08/12 23:34:25, Walter Hurry wrote:
    > On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 17:20:29 -0400, Terry Reedy wrote:
    >
    >> On 8/16/2012 11:40 AM, Ramchandra Apte wrote:
    >>
    >>> Look you are the only person complaining about top-posting.

    >> No he is not. Recheck all the the responses.
    >>
    >>> GMail uses top-posting by default.

    >> It only works if everyone does it.
    >>
    >>> I can't help it if you feel irritated by it.

    >> Your out-of-context comments are harder to understand. I mostly do not
    >> read them.

    > It's strange, but I don't even *see* his contributions (I am using a
    > regular newsreader - on comp.lang.python - and I don't have him in the
    > bozo bin). It doesn't sound as though I'm missing much.

    I don't see him either. That is to say: my ISP doesn't have his
    posts in comp.lang.python, The group gmane.comp.python.general
    on Gname has them. so if you're really curious, you can point
    your NNTP client at news.gmane.org.

    > But I'm just curious. Any idea why that would be the case?

    Maybe there's some kind of filer in the mail->usenet gateway?

    HTH,

    -- HansM

    Hans Mulder, Aug 17, 2012
  4. > I'll be using Google Groups (hopefully it won't top-post by default) to post stuff.

    Thanks for not top-posting. Even if it is the default, it is
    not difficult to change. :)

    Ramit

    Prasad, Ramit, Aug 21, 2012
  5. [ Ramchandra Apte wrote on Sat 18.Aug'12 at 19:21:03 +0530 ]

    > I'll be using Google Groups (hopefully it won't top-post by default) to
    > post stuff.

    You are encouraged to get used to it i'm afraid as any mailing list you use, its users will prefer you to use the correct formatting of responses.

    You can change the settings in Gmail web interface or use an MUA and configure that.

    Jamie Paul Griffin, Aug 21, 2012
  6. On Tuesday, 21 August 2012 12:41:39 UTC+5:30, Jamie Paul Griffin wrote:
    > [ Ramchandra Apte wrote on Sat 18.Aug'12 at 19:21:03 +0530 ]
    >

    > > I'll be using Google Groups (hopefully it won't top-post by default) to

    > > post stuff.

    > You are encouraged to get used to it i'm afraid as any mailing list you use, its users will prefer you to use the correct formatting of responses.
    >

    > You can change the settings in Gmail web interface or use an MUA and configure that.

    Enough of OT.

    Ramchandra Apte, Aug 21, 2012

    Ramchandra Apte, Aug 21, 2012