Re: Announce lcc-win

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Edward Rutherford, Feb 3, 2011.

  1. Caesar Romano wrote:
    > On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 10:51:38 +0100, jacob navia <>
    > wrote Re Announce lcc-win:
    >
    >>The latest version of lcc-win contains the first release of the C
    >>containers library.
    >>
    >>Use iterators, containers, hash tables, bloom flters, flexible arrays
    >>that expand when you add items automatically, single and double linked
    >>lists, etc.
    >>
    >>All containers use a simple and easy to remember syntax. Source code is
    >>included with the lcc-win distribution so that you can adapt it or
    >>include it in your application.
    >>
    >>Besides, I thank copx for pointing me to a problem with code generation.
    >>
    >>jacob

    > Thank you for all the work you do for lcc-win.

    Jacob --

    Thanks for this.

    Are you aware that the new C standard will feature C++-style templates,
    implemented by a new keyword __generic?

    It seems to me that your container library would be an excellent testbed
    for introducing this excellent new feature into LCC.

    Best Regards,
    -epr-
    Edward Rutherford, Feb 3, 2011

  2. Edward Rutherford

    Andreas Guest

    I could not make lcc-win32 run on my machine :-( (W7 Prof)
    However I cannot install it in c:\lcc
    Therefore I installed it (as admin) in d:\develop\c\lcc
    The paths in the registry are correct
    Buildapi shows a lot of conflicts between win-dlls and lcc-dlls

    A simple "Hello World" console program in Wedit shows
    d:\develop\c\lcc\lib\lcccrt0obj .text: undefined reference to
    '_RtlUnwind@16'

    Andreas
    Andreas, Feb 3, 2011

  3. Edward Rutherford

    Sebastian Guest

    On 3 Feb., 18:49, Edward Rutherford wrote:

    > Jacob --
    >
    > Thanks for this.
    >
    > Are you aware that the new C standard will feature C++-style templates,
    > implemented by a new keyword __generic?

    Are you sure? Judging by the Wikipedia article about C1X the _Generic
    keyword is nothing like C++ templates. It appears to be more like a
    compile-time switch that depends on some expression's type which can
    be used to simulate overloading/overload resolution. Maybe there are
    other fancy tricks you can do with it. But comparing it to C++
    templates seems like a bit of a stretch.
    Sebastian, Feb 3, 2011