Re: ANNOUNCE: Thesaurus - a recursive dictionary subclass usingattributes

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dave Cinege, Dec 12, 2012.

  1. Dave Cinege

    Dave Cinege Guest

    On Tuesday 11 December 2012 01:41:38 Ian Kelly wrote:

    > I have a few critiques on the code. First, you might want to use
    > __getattribute__ instead of __getattr__. Otherwise you'll end up

    File "/home/dcinege/src/thesaurus/thesaurus.py", line 84, in
    __getattribute__
    return self.__getitem__(name)
    RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a Python object

    This takes me into the same hell as when I was trying to implement this as a
    class. Someone else would have to take the time to do this. __getattr__ doing
    what I expect it to do, for what i do.

    Dave

    Dave Cinege, Dec 12, 2012