Re: Announcement: MindTree for Python beta -- feedback appreciated

Discussion in 'Python' started by Johann Spies, Dec 9, 2008.

  1. Johann Spies

    Johann Spies Guest

    > The MindTree project can be found and downloaded here:
    > http://code.google.com/p/mindtree/

    I suppose it might be a python3-problem:

    % /usr/local/bin/python3.0 MindTree.pyw
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "MindTree.pyw", line 2, in <module>
    from future_builtins import *
    ImportError: No module named future_builtins

    Regards
    Johann
    --
    Johann Spies Telefoon: 021-808 4036

    "Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that
    ye should obey it in the lusts thereof."
    Romans 6:12
    Johann Spies, Dec 9, 2008

  2. Johann Spies

    greg Guest

    Johann Spies wrote:

    > % /usr/local/bin/python3.0 MindTree.pyw
    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "MindTree.pyw", line 2, in <module>
    > from future_builtins import *
    > ImportError: No module named future_builtins

    Hmmm... does this mean that Python3 has no future? :)

    --
    Greg
    greg, Dec 10, 2008

  3. On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 23:47:05 +1300, greg wrote:

    > Johann Spies wrote:
    >
    >> % /usr/local/bin/python3.0 MindTree.pyw
    >> Traceback (most recent call last):
    >> File "MindTree.pyw", line 2, in <module>
    >> from future_builtins import *
    >> ImportError: No module named future_builtins

    > Hmmm... does this mean that Python3 has no future? :)

    It is just not built in. So it is easier to change the future by
    replacing the module. ;-)

    Ciao,
    Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch
    Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch, Dec 10, 2008