Re: Any good books on Perl?

Discussion in 'Perl' started by John Bokma, Sep 12, 2003.

  1. John Bokma

    John Bokma Guest

    Timberwolf wrote:
    > Hi everyone
    >
    > I'm a newbie to the world of Perl. I'm especially
    > interested in the web and CGI programming with Perl.

    I can recommend the O'Reilly books.

    Especially the "Perl Cook Book".

    To learn programming buy the "Learning Perl".
    Programming Perl is not for starters and even hard if you already know
    something about programming.

    > Can anyone recommend some good books or tutorial
    > websites about these topics?

    Read the documentation of the CGI module. It is included with most if
    not all perl installs.

    Also read about security related issues. My web site hints briefly
    discusses why you never ever should trust input from a form (see link in
    sig).

    use the -T and -w on the she bang. Also put use strict; in your script.

    --
    Kind regards, feel free to mail: mail(at)johnbokma.com (or reply)
    virtual home: http://johnbokma.com/ ICQ: 218175426

    John Bokma, Sep 12, 2003