Re: Any idea why that file is shown on one server...

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Jonathan N. Little, Dec 14, 2010.

  1. Jonathan N. Little, Dec 14, 2010

  2. Jonathan N. Little

    mogwaii Guest

    On 14 pro, 04:53, heretic <> wrote:
    > On 14/12/2010 13:19, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >

    > > heretic wrote:
    > >> ...but on another is not!?

    > >> Here works...

    > >>http://members.iinet.net.au/~kubik/islam.htm

    > >> But here not!

    > >>http://www.proroctwa.com/islam.htm

    > >> Help!!!!

    > >> It's definitely there! I have changed few names and still is not shown!

    > > maybe the latter page has JavaScript

    > > <script type="text/javascript">location.href =
    > > "http://host.atwebpages.com/";</script>

    > Just tried to upload from different ftp program and all the same.
    >
    > Initially I was using FileZilla.
    >
    > I have few links and all of them are working.
    >
    > http://www.proroctwa.com/
    >
    > Except that one. It's so far free hosting, I'm thinking to pay and move
    > other domains there but that problem is making me think  twice!
    >
    > File size is 30kb and the limit is 500kb.
    >
    > :-(- Sakrij citirani tekst -
    >
    > - Prika¾i citirani tekst -

    sometimes the server differs smallcaps and capitals at the end of
    link....i say maybe...on pictures some servers make trouble.
    mogwaii, Dec 14, 2010

  3. Jonathan N. Little

    mogwaii Guest

    On 14 pro, 04:53, heretic <> wrote:
    > On 14/12/2010 13:19, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >

    > > heretic wrote:
    > >> ...but on another is not!?

    > >> Here works...

    > >>http://members.iinet.net.au/~kubik/islam.htm

    > >> But here not!

    > >>http://www.proroctwa.com/islam.htm

    > >> Help!!!!

    > >> It's definitely there! I have changed few names and still is not shown!

    > > maybe the latter page has JavaScript

    > > <script type="text/javascript">location.href =
    > > "http://host.atwebpages.com/";</script>

    > Just tried to upload from different ftp program and all the same.
    >
    > Initially I was using FileZilla.
    >
    > I have few links and all of them are working.
    >
    > http://www.proroctwa.com/
    >
    > Except that one. It's so far free hosting, I'm thinking to pay and move
    > other domains there but that problem is making me think  twice!
    >
    > File size is 30kb and the limit is 500kb.
    >
    > :-(- Sakrij citirani tekst -
    >
    > - Prika¾i citirani tekst -

    There is also a second way which sometimes helps me.
    It is to copy all the code in a fresh new sheet and than save it as
    original file.
    Then do the transfer and tryout what happens ! ?
    mogwaii, Dec 14, 2010
  4. heretic wrote:

    > On 14/12/2010 13:19, Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    [...]
    >>> http://www.proroctwa.com/islam.htm

    [...]
    >> maybe the latter page has JavaScript
    >>
    >> <script type="text/javascript">location.href =
    >> "http://host.atwebpages.com/";</script>

    It doesn't. If you turn off JavaScript, you will still get redirected to
    http://host.atwebpages.com/ (which appears to be an ISP's clueless promotion
    page).

    But if you try e.g. http://www.proroctwa.com/islam.html (with a trailing
    el), you get a 200 OK response, consisting of a page with the above-quoted
    JavaScript page and nothing else.

    So I guess the file islam.htm has been uploaded, but its file protection
    might prevent the server from serving. In any case, consulting the available
    documentation of the server or contacting the server admin are the ways to
    go, unless the OP wants to take the shortcut of switching to a better
    service provider.

    > It's so far free hosting,

    TANSTAAFL.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Dec 14, 2010
  5. heretic wrote:

    > Received from them...

    > Your page isn't currently showing up because of one such type of
    > content filtering (in place only for the FREE accounts) - "Forbidden
    > Strings".

    That's... interesting.

    > To fix the error, please :
    > - remove all Forbidden Strings on the page
    > or
    > - UPGRADE your account to have this filtering disabled:

    Even more interesting. There are so many ways to make money with porn. At
    least they're fairly honestly saying that they do not, by any means, wish to
    fight against porn, just get their share of the money for selling porn - in
    a rather odd way.

    > I put the word pornografia that way por(n)ografia
    > so it works now.

    Fine. The only drawback is that the word looks odd. You might overcome this
    by using
    together with the CSS rule
    span.no { display: none; }
    Alternatively, depending on the type of scanning for "Forbidden Strings",
    you might succeed by using
    porn&lrm;ografia
    because &lrm; denotes a character that should have no effect to the
    rendering here (left to right mark, an invisible control character that sets
    the directionality of text in a sense).

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Dec 15, 2010