Re: Any pure-python relational databases?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Thomas Weholt, Jul 12, 2003.

    > [sniped]
    >
    > > 1) Any pure-python interface to MySQL? or

    > If you cannot get the MySQL specific interface working, have you tried
    > a generic database interface?
    >
    > http://www.python.org/topics/database/DatabaseAPI-2.0.html
    >
    > > 2) Any kind of relational DBMS written in pure python that'll run on
    > > 1.5.2?

    > While not relational, have you looked at Metakit?
    >
    > http://www.equi4.com/metakit/python.html

    Relational *and* simple install with good Python module; SQLite =>
    http://www.sqlite.org/

    Thomas
    Thomas Weholt, Jul 12, 2003

  2. Thomas Weholt wrote:
    > "Wayne Pierce" <> wrote: [...]
    >>>2) Any kind of relational DBMS written in pure python that'll run on
    >>>1.5.2?

    >>While not relational, have you looked at Metakit?
    >>
    >>http://www.equi4.com/metakit/python.html

    > Relational *and* simple install with good Python module; SQLite =>
    > http://www.sqlite.org/

    First, PySQLite is not pure Python, it needs to be compiled against the
    SQLite engine.

    Second, PySQLite currently requires Python >= 2.1 and will require
    Python >= 2.2 in the 0.5 branch which I'll start eventually.

    I'd be willing to make a backport to 1.5.2 if somebody pays me. But
    something as little fun as this I won't do for free :p

    -- Gerhard
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gerhard_H=E4ring?=, Jul 13, 2003