Re: Anyone found a good web authoring or newsletter package for executive use?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Whitecrest, Jun 22, 2003.

  1. Whitecrest

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > HTML has absolutely nothing to do with "programming".

    I think this forum is way to anal about the word programming.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Jun 22, 2003

  2. Whitecrest <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > HTML has absolutely nothing to do with "programming".

    > I think this forum is way to anal about the word programming.

    We are, on the other hand, quite forgiving about the misuse of "to",
    "too", and "two". And, also on the softer side, it's been quite some
    time since a top-poster was serious maimed here.

    ---- jerry (http://jersblog.com)
    Jerry Muelver, Jun 24, 2003

  3. Whitecrest

    Jim Kelly Guest

    | > In article <>,
    | > says...
    | > > HTML has absolutely nothing to do with "programming".
    | >
    | > I think this forum is way to anal about the word programming.
    |
    | We are, on the other hand, quite forgiving about the misuse of "to",
    | "too", and "two". And, also on the softer side, it's been quite some
    | time since a top-poster was serious maimed here.
    |
    | ---- jerry (http://jersblog.com)

    Top posting is very common in most newsgroups that I use . . it suits
    those of us that use Outlook Express where it saves a lot of scrolling.
    Sorry if it offends you.

    Jim
    Jim Kelly, Jun 24, 2003
  4. Whitecrest

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, Jun 24, 2003
  5. "Jim Kelly" <kellwood@compuREMOVE_TO_EMAIL_MEserve.com> wrote in message news:<3ef7ab06$0$26639$>...
    > "Jerry Muelver" <> wrote in message
    > | Whitecrest <> wrote in message
    > | > In article <>,
    > | > says...
    > | >
    > | > I think this forum is way to anal about the word programming.
    > |
    > | We are, on the other hand, quite forgiving about the misuse of "to",
    > | "too", and "two". And, also on the softer side, it's been quite some
    > | time since a top-poster was serious maimed here.
    > |
    > | ---- jerry (http://jersblog.com)
    >
    > Top posting is very common in most newsgroups that I use . . it suits
    > those of us that use Outlook Express where it saves a lot of scrolling.
    > Sorry if it offends you.
    >
    > Jim

    I didn't say it offends me. I was only pointing out that pickyness is
    sometimes suspended, if only momentarily, when the content merits a
    willing suspension of presentation expectations. After all, I'm a
    "content rules" kind of guy. But the best content in the world won't
    do the job if it doesn't get delivered, and if the presentation
    impedes delivery.... Well, there ya go!

    It would be silly of me to go to a group that has adopted a
    top-posting "norm" and rant on the benefits of bottom-posting. But
    it's not at all silly to hold forth on an HTML-centered group on the
    benefits of minimalist formatting for Web pages. Clean and simple
    delivers the content, gets the message across, and gains the desired
    response -- all critical elements to serious content-based
    communication. Entertainment-based communication is a different
    animal, and not likely the proper domain for production-amateur
    collaboration... unless, of course, it's on a wiki.

    ---- jerry (http://jersblog.com)
    Jerry Muelver, Jun 24, 2003
  6. Whitecrest

    | "Jim Kelly" <kellwood@compuREMOVE_TO_EMAIL_MEserve.com> wrote in
    message news:<3ef7ab06$0$26639$>...
    | > "Jerry Muelver" <> wrote in message
    | > | Whitecrest <> wrote in message

    | > |
    | > | We are, on the other hand, quite forgiving about the misuse of
    "to",
    | > | "too", and "two". And, also on the softer side, it's been quite
    some
    | > | time since a top-poster was serious maimed here.
    | > |
    | > | ---- jerry (http://jersblog.com)
    | >
    | > Top posting is very common in most newsgroups that I use . . it
    suits
    | > those of us that use Outlook Express where it saves a lot of
    scrolling.
    | > Sorry if it offends you.
    | >
    | > Jim
    |
    | I didn't say it offends me. I was only pointing out that pickyness is
    | sometimes suspended, if only momentarily, when the content merits a
    | willing suspension of presentation expectations. After all, I'm a
    | "content rules" kind of guy. But the best content in the world won't
    | do the job if it doesn't get delivered, and if the presentation
    | impedes delivery.... Well, there ya go!
    |
    | It would be silly of me to go to a group that has adopted a
    | top-posting "norm" and rant on the benefits of bottom-posting. But
    | it's not at all silly to hold forth on an HTML-centered group on the
    | benefits of minimalist formatting for Web pages. Clean and simple
    | delivers the content, gets the message across, and gains the desired
    | response -- all critical elements to serious content-based
    | communication. Entertainment-based communication is a different
    | animal, and not likely the proper domain for production-amateur
    | collaboration... unless, of course, it's on a wiki.
    |
    | ---- jerry (http://jersblog.com)

    There . . . I did it! Wicked! Bottom posted.

    Jerry, I bet you'd love the phrase:

    ### Perception IS Reality!! ###

    Apologies to whoever coined it, but I'm sure that it's true!
    Jim Kelly, Jun 24, 2003
  7. "Jim Kelly" <kellwood@compuREMOVE_TO_EMAIL_MEserve.com> wrote in message news:<3ef82d0c$0$26636$>...

    > There . . . I did it! Wicked! Bottom posted.

    Next step -- delete all the non-relevant text, the stuff that
    top-posters allow to accumulate at the bottom of their messages, so
    you have a punchy, direct-to-the-jugular message.

    > Jerry, I bet you'd love the phrase:
    >
    > ### Perception IS Reality!! ###
    >
    > Apologies to whoever coined it, but I'm sure that it's true!

    If I didn't coin it, I should have!

    ---- jerry (http://jersblog.com)
    Jerry Muelver, Jun 24, 2003
  8. Whitecrest

    Isofarro Guest

    Jim Kelly wrote:

    > Top posting is very common in most newsgroups that I use . . it suits
    > those of us that use Outlook Express where it saves a lot of scrolling.

    At the expense of bandwidth and the loss of context. Using a foghorn is a
    good way of catching the waiter's attention at a restaurant - being seen as
    complete jackass by everyone else there is an added bonus.

    If you have to scroll to read this, then its an indication your set-up is at
    fault.

    --
    Iso.
    Web Standards: http://www.webstandards.org/
    Isofarro, Jun 24, 2003
  9. Whitecrest

    Next step -- delete all the non-relevant text
    <<

    Now it makes sense! I think you will find that top posters hate to
    tamper with the text that they are responding to. It feels like fraud!
    Those of you who hate top posting will do well to ease us into the
    (lovely :cool:) ability to snip!

    This is the best of both worlds!

    Thanks Jerry,

    (I've been waiting to see some of your devotees chip in and say
    wonderful things about WikiWriter . . . is it really a great tool for my
    purposes?).

    Cheers,

    Jim Kelly
    Jim Kelly, Jun 25, 2003
  10. Re: Anyone found a good web authoring or newsletter package for executiveuse?

    Jim Kelly wrote:
    > "Jerry Muelver" <> wrote in message
    > Next step -- delete all the non-relevant text
    > <<
    >
    > Now it makes sense! I think you will find that top posters hate to
    > tamper with the text that they are responding to. It feels like fraud!
    > Those of you who hate top posting will do well to ease us into the
    > (lovely :cool:) ability to snip!
    >
    > This is the best of both worlds!
    >
    > Thanks Jerry,
    >
    > (I've been waiting to see some of your devotees chip in and say
    > wonderful things about WikiWriter . . . is it really a great tool for my
    > purposes?).

    Sorry we can't come to the phone right now, our monthly
    PraiseBeJerryTheMuelver worship is in session. Please call back later.
    Thank you. Hallelujahgobble!

    Matthias
    Matthias Gutfeldt, Jun 25, 2003
  11. "Jim Kelly" <kellwood@compuREMOVE_TO_EMAIL_MEserve.com> wrote in message news:<3ef8edeb$0$26639$>...
    > (I've been waiting to see some of your devotees chip in and say
    > wonderful things about WikiWriter . . . is it really a great tool for my
    > purposes?).

    Yup. If the mountain won't come to Mohammed, it's because the mountain
    is so engrossed in continent-building that it can't be bothered with
    Usenet. You can find WikiWriter devotees by Googling for WikiWriter,
    or simply by taking a peek at the WikiWriter forum at
    http://hytext.com/forum

    ---- jerry (http://jersblog.com)
    Jerry Muelver, Jun 25, 2003
  12. Matthias Gutfeldt <> wrote in message news:<bdbl0h$r9nmb$>...
    > Jim Kelly wrote:
    > > "Jerry Muelver" <> wrote in message
    > > Next step -- delete all the non-relevant text
    > > <<
    > >
    > > Now it makes sense! I think you will find that top posters hate to
    > > tamper with the text that they are responding to. It feels like fraud!
    > > Those of you who hate top posting will do well to ease us into the
    > > (lovely :cool:) ability to snip!
    > >
    > > This is the best of both worlds!
    > >
    > > Thanks Jerry,
    > >
    > > (I've been waiting to see some of your devotees chip in and say
    > > wonderful things about WikiWriter . . . is it really a great tool for my
    > > purposes?).

    > Sorry we can't come to the phone right now, our monthly
    > PraiseBeJerryTheMuelver worship is in session. Please call back later.
    > Thank you. Hallelujahgobble!
    >

    > Matthias

    What I want to know is, who the hell has the collection plate? You're
    suppose to pass it along, not keep it! And don't let any Swiss bankers
    get ahold of it. They take a percentage out of everything they see.

    ---- jerry (http://jersblog.com)
    Jerry Muelver, Jun 25, 2003