Re: Anyone found a good web authoring or newsletter package for executive use?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Charlotte, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. Charlotte

    Charlotte Guest

    Hi Jim,

    I hope this will be useful: http://www.ezgenerator.com.

    "Jim Kelly" <kellwood@compuREMOVE_TO_EMAIL_MEserve.com> wrote in
    message news:3ef56e95$0$26634$...
    > Greetings!
    >
    > I have a number of clients with zero programming skills (or

    interest
    > really) who are clever executives/owners of their respective

    small
    > businesses who would love to build a website themselves,

    starting with a
    > non critical one (eg their family/sport etc) to build their

    skill for a
    > subsequent simple corporate site and/or newsletter to send via

    email.

    > Has anyone found a web page authoring package that would suit

    these
    > types of folks??
    >
    > I am reluctant to suggest Microsoft FrontPage (or Word or

    Publisher) for
    > a number of reasons, as I understand that the bloatware that it

    creates
    > is unsuitable for others to pick up and run with if the exec so

    chooses.

    > After pondering this issue I am finding that I am constantly

    meeting
    > people who I can visualise writing really interesting websites

    if only
    > it was easy. Often these folk are really busy, and/or elderly

    but with a
    > wealth of knowledge and literate in so many other ways.
    >
    > I would love to find a package that addressed this market

    without the
    > assumption that programming expertise was needed (I am not

    suggesting
    > wysiwyg . . . just adequate hand-holding and semi automated

    editing).
    > These people are prepared to put in some focussed time but it

    needs to
    > be productive and fun, and give them a real sense of

    achievement without

    Charlotte, Jun 27, 2003