Re: anyone know here to get the API/Library for reading Postscript file into JAVA?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Roedy Green, Aug 2, 2003.

  1. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 12:57:04 +0800, "James" <> wrote
    or quoted :

    >Anyone know that where got a API/Library that can read in Postscript
    >file/pdf file so that I an manipulate it direct in JAVA program then later
    >generate it out again (in PS/PDF format)

    It is just text. Do you want to parse it into tokens? The parser is
    pretty simple. It is difficult to write a syntactically invalid PS
    program.

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/parser.html

    Warnock discusses the parsing in the red book.

    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/postscript.html

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Aug 2, 2003