Re: applet ignores archive

Discussion in 'Java' started by Tor Iver Wilhelmsen, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. (Marc) writes:

    > <APPLET CODE = "MyApplet.class" ARCHIVE = "MyApplet.jar" WIDTH = 670
    > HEIGHT = 350>

    Are you sure the source doesn't have a package statement somewhere?
    You need to add any package name before the class name.
    Tor Iver Wilhelmsen, Aug 21, 2003

  2. Tor Iver Wilhelmsen

    Marc Guest

    Tor Iver Wilhelmsen <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > (Marc) writes:
    >
    > > <APPLET CODE = "MyApplet.class" ARCHIVE = "MyApplet.jar" WIDTH = 670
    > > HEIGHT = 350>

    > Are you sure the source doesn't have a package statement somewhere?
    > You need to add any package name before the class name.

    I have a package name before the class name. Just didn't include it
    for brevity's sake... the re-install of IE didn't do anything for me.

    Marc
    Marc, Aug 21, 2003

  3. Tor Iver Wilhelmsen

    Marc Guest

    (Marc) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Tor Iver Wilhelmsen <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > > (Marc) writes:
    > >
    > > > <APPLET CODE = "MyApplet.class" ARCHIVE = "MyApplet.jar" WIDTH = 670
    > > > HEIGHT = 350>

    > > Are you sure the source doesn't have a package statement somewhere?
    > > You need to add any package name before the class name.

    > I have a package name before the class name. Just didn't include it
    > for brevity's sake... the re-install of IE didn't do anything for me.
    >
    > Marc

    It's working on my computer now but I don't like the solution much. I
    poked around here and somebody wrote that if you have Java development
    tools installed on your machine, this was more likely to happen. The
    install edits your system classpath but why this screws with IE is
    beyond me.

    I finally edited the registry classpath variable under Java VM. That
    is, I edited it out. Now the applet correctly looks at "ARCHIVE" in
    the applet tag.

    Marc
    Marc, Aug 22, 2003