Re: Applet steals focus...

Discussion in 'Java' started by Andrew Thompson, Sep 2, 2004.

  1. > Some time ago I noticed an irritating quirk in
    > applets, they tend to 'steal the focus' of a web
    > page and prevent scrolling using the keyboard.

    Some time after that, I mentioned it
    and followed it up in the thread of
    this title.. That was January.

    I may finally have found a fix!
    <http://www.physci.org/test/focus/index6.jsp> *

    You can test to see whether your browser/OS/VM
    combination is susceptible, here..
    <http://www.physci.org/test/focus/>

    * If the applet takes longer than 5
    second to load, this simple fix will not
    be effective.

    If that happens, please refresh the page.
    As soon as I can confirm this works in
    principle, I will work it into a more
    robust form with the help of the
    Javascript folks.. ;-)